New S-Line Steering Wheel Looks Good...

I surf the German forums alot, I'm sad like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They are all over the place, so i couldn't confirm.

Dave

I'm sorry to say I'm not a fan of any of the new age steering wheels Audi are bringing out.

Just don't like them.

Personal preference.

I didn't at first but after seeing one in the flesh and especially the s-line one gives it a thumbs up.

Dave

Have to agree with there Dave, after seeing Outlore's s-line sportback in the flesh. The whole wheel was perforated and looked excellent.

Is there any size difference between the s-line and sport steering wheels?

[ QUOTE ]

Hows your car anyway? Not spoke for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who me?

Dave, i haven't even ordered a sportback yet.

Gonna wait to see what the new S3 will be and how much she is, otherwise may order the 2.00 tdi sportback with 170 BHP (stock) and quattro. Or go for a an older A4 avant with the 3.00Q tdi later next year. But really not sure yet.

Thanks,

TDI.

A3 with either 170 diesel or 2.0 TFSI.

If there is an S3 i dnt think it will be out for some time...

dave

It has buttons on it...is that the optional multifunction wheel?

Do the s line seats have a manual adjustment for lumbar support or do you only get that if you spec electric lumbar support?

Standard on the S-line you get manual lumber support.

So you have to ask for the electric lumber support

[ QUOTE ]
Standard on the S-line you get manual lumber support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you show me where it is on mine then,as my back is killing me.

It will not be fully perf. It will be hald perf with an S-Line Badge.

Dunno if the m/f comes standard or what the buttons actually do though.

Dave

I also have an my Audi on order.
So I ask my dear about the Steering Wheel.

On the S-Line model with the new front grill the steering wheel is like the one in the picture but without the multifunction option.

Gdgd, I hated it at first, but like with all things they grow and grow and you like them. That might be because Ive ordered one though. But it has grown on me honest.

The multi function steering wheel is an option that can be added on the S-Line - or at least the dealer I ordered my car from has allowed me to add it to the spec!

Thought about adding the mf wheel (although it doesn't come up as an option on the website for s-line), but as I'm changing the HU immediately and haven't decided on which one yet, I decided against and didn't bother asking whether it is actually available.

First impressions are that I preferred the old style round s-line wheel rather than the one that reflects the new grill shape, but hopefully it will grow on me...

Prior to ordering the Sportback, I did have a 3dr (split grille, 2005 model) and this was fully perforated with round centre hub). MF was not an option then unless you went for the four spoke SE style wheel.