2001 s3 over rev

Whats the correct way to fit them?

Dunno really. It's awkward - but I think I pushed the clutch pedal back while I was fitting the switch.

You have to align the black lugs with the notches in the metal and then once you get the orientation correct it just rotates and clicks in place. No force required IIRC.

Liam

Does the normal a3 8l have the same sensor? Might pop down to local scrappies and get half a dozen and see how they are

Thanks for the link- just redid mine and a definite improvement. :happy:

Hmmm tried this still seems same for me...... Thanks anyway

Off to garage 2 Moro to get robbed, pants are down and lid is off the Vaseline ready

Hmmm tried this still seems same for me...... Thanks anyway

Off to garage 2 Moro to get robbed, pants are down and lid is off the Vaseline ready

Could be worse... could be sand :sex: let us know how it goes, mines just been glued back togeather and is drying as we speak because im a cheap skate!

This forum is quality i love it, i just bought a 2001 s3 amk engine code 2 weeks ago and noticed the same problem with overeving on gear change its so annoying. Glad i found this site n joined as i want this reving to come to an end :banghead:. i thought mayb it could b clutch adjustment as the clutch was changed in mine by previous owner in 2010 hmmm. makes me wana sell the car it must affect fuel consumption aswell coz the damn car keeps reving like a monkey on seroids.

This forum is quality i love it, i just bought a 2001 s3 amk engine code 2 weeks ago and noticed the same problem with overeving on gear change its so annoying. Glad i found this site n joined as i want this reving to come to an end :banghead:. i thought mayb it could b clutch adjustment as the clutch was changed in mine by previous owner in 2010 hmmm. makes me wana sell the car it must affect fuel consumption aswell coz the damn car keeps reving like a monkey on seroids.

Yeh, don't love the car..... Love the forum!

I dropped my car off at the garAge Thursday morning with this problem and still no word. Clutch sensor already been replaced and Audi themselves told me tt and s3 just do it! Like it's fine!

Welcome to forum and welcome to the money pit

Lol money pit i can see it now I'm gona end up selling my wallet aswell. Audi say it's ok n normal that's just coz they can't fix the problem bunch of wastemans that's bad.... Hope we can find a solution for this!!

Right today I picked up a switch from scrappers for £5 fitted it using the fitting instructions I posted further up the thread to find no improvement! So I disconnected battery for 20 mins and refitted the switch and jobs a fish,
it works!

Right today I picked up a switch from scrappers for £5 fitted it using the fitting instructions I posted further up the thread to find no improvement! So I disconnected battery for 20 mins and refitted the switch and jobs a fish,
it works!

One week after reinstalling with the instructions mine working with no over-revs - another job down

Right today I picked up a switch from scrappers for £5 fitted it using the fitting instructions I posted further up the thread to find no improvement! So I disconnected battery for 20 mins and refitted the switch and jobs a fish, it works!
Work as in the car is not overeving anymore problem solved ??

Yea we def need a conclusion that works for all of us! The clutch switch has made mine better but is still not perfect which bugs the **** outa me. Cant believe audi said thats just the way it is, surely even the worst people at building cars wouldnt build them like that if they had a choice so i cant believe audi would.

Karl I'm going to try this 2moro when I get it back from garage still unfixed as they couldn't fix it!

Hope it works

yeah definately worth a shot, i disconnected my batt, then fitted the switch exactly as that link, gave the battery another 15 mins unplugged then connected it back up and it seemed to work.

Just wanted to add to this thread for others with the same problem. I had my clutch pedal snap a couple of weeks back and got it re-welded. Before this happened I had no problems with over-revving on gear change, but it started afterwards and was really annoying. Got a new clutch pedal switch and installed it using the above instructions, but it didn't work. Unhooked the battery, tried it again then left it 15 mins. Now it's as good as new. I spoke to a garage about it and they reckon that sometimes it can take a few installs before it works.....

Mine had to be reset with vagcom on a block 111 I think they said unsure but did the trick, and works fine on all. Clutch pedal sensors I have!