My A3 doesn't like me

deeman88

Watch this space...
Reaction score
Seeing as today wasnt too windy or too cold, I decided to attempt cleaning my starter motor to stop that stupid strangled duck noise these VAG cars are well known for. I disconnect the battery and continue working as planned. I bolt the starter back on and hook ip the battery only to be greeted by the familiar dead car syndrome like last time.
Battery is fully charged and is

Battery is fully charged, checked with a voltmeter, it's less than 6months, all other electricals in the car work (radio, lights, interior lights etc) fuel pump primes like normal also, it's just not responding to turning the key!

Then you've probably not refitted the starter correctly. As I'd say it isn't engaging. Maybe you've fu**ed it during 'cleaning' it?

Lol... Noo I so did not, there is no sign of life anywhere in the car, same as the last time I disconnected my battery! It clearly doesn't like being disconnected!

Just pop down to a breaker and try and get a new one mate or failing that call the AA or Rac out and let them run a diagnostic, are u sure there are no breaks or corrosion in any of the wires or terminals ?

I checked and wiped the terminals yesterday anyway just to make sure. All the interior lights are working, dash is lighting up fine, I will go and try it again in a short while, good thing I had no plans this weekend apart from the BHF meet in Tonbridge and I'm taking the Renault so happy days

Try jump starting it? Hit it with a hammer while someone turns the key, see if its just a sticky motor.

Olryt, will try the jump start a bit later on and the hammer persuasion technique!

Hammer persuasion is always good. There aren't many things that can't be fixed with a hammer.