Cylinder heads

Mcgiver1982

Reaction score

• Hi guys and gals
    Was having some engine trouble
    frown.png
    ! And need a new cylinder head, I have a 2004 A4 1.8t 20v Quattro, I've seen some 1.8t vag heads and was wondering if these would fit mine?
    My valve timing tensioner failed resulting in the timing jumping and wrecking a cam, and part of the head, so rather than getting it fixed and machined etc I'm a lot cheaper to get a recon or 2nd hand cylinder head with cams and vtt all fitted in.

I've seen s3, Leon, octavia and golf 1.8t cylinder heads for sale and need to know if these would fit straight on, they look the same but could be different when fitting etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks​

Hi, welcome to ASN. Any pics of your car. Have a read at the threads at the top of the page, lots of useful information in there. Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Yes any 1.8t head will fit.

Agu,bam,APY,APX,AEB,AUM,AMK. To name a few

Agu and AEB are large port.. I would steer away from AMK as they seem to crack, go for an agu though as there 10 a penny being on VW golfs and Audi a3's

Reactions: Mcgiver1982
Cheers mate
i seen a few for around 200 quid fully assembled, wasn't too much of a costly mistake then!
Thanks for your help ;)

I was Doing some thinking (dangerous) that does it matter that my engine sits in a different position because it's a Quattro?
Would everything still match up the same?
Would I need to modify if I got a large port?
Cheers