tyre size? - also which to buy?

whitey

Reaction score
sorry, car isnt to hand, does 235 40 18 sound right for these wheels?

164796_10150100552481014_604951013_7978594_2557432_n.jpg

standard oem ones not aftermarket.

also, any good deals anywhere for tyres, need fronts so may aswell do rears as there is an odd tyre on back, ntohing wrong just dont like it (i didnt put on, dont ask!)

only a 1.4 so not tracking it or anything but wife and kid go in so no ditch finders!

cheers

whitey

I think standard 18" tyre is 225/40, not 100% on that though.

Camskill for tyres. Hankooks or falkens get my vote

You're right guys, 225/40/18's deffo the right fitting for OEM 18's and I would always give Camskills a try before trying elsewhere. :wub: xx

225/40R18 is whats usually on.. I personally use uniroyal as they're good for their price due to the wet whether we get..

Give blackcircles a try too..

Yep, 225/40 R18 is the right size. I use Michelins Pilots Sport as they seem to last for miles!

I had Faulkens on my previous car and they were good and road noise was minimul too.
Depending on your budget Toyo Proxys TR1's are a good buy aswell.

I just bought a set of 225 Falken's. They are directional, chunky and handle very well in wet and dry. Not noisy. 235 is size on A4. As guys stated Camskill is very cheap, sameday delivery with a bit of postage. I was advised to buy 225 size hope this helps.

Avoid falkens very hard rubber and not great! Go for the Conti's in AO format or Eagle F1's ASY 2's.

had eagle assy on my VXR so overrated it wasnt funny.

fancy vreds again as got these on the Ford and are superb.

had eagle assy on my VXR so overrated it wasnt funny.

fancy vreds again as got these on the Ford and are superb.

Did you have the assy 2's or just the original ones?