Advice Required Please

RallyX

Flat Out
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening All, I had the pleasure of driving the Mrs' A3 170 S line Sportback on a 300 mile round trip at the weekend and would like some advice on the following;

1, I found the suspension very hard ( I know its an S line and it should be) but I was wondering if there is such a spring around that could soften the damping a little but still give a firmish ride and possibly lower it a tad.

2, I would like to up the power a little also, a bit more grunt on acceleration would be good. Who are the best companies to approach for a 170?

I am comparing both these (no comparison I know) against my daily 330d M Sport Conv. Much more comfy ride and handles well and obviously bags more grunt.

Any advice welcomed and thanks in advance.

Oh, forgot to say car is a 2007 (57) 170pd engine, manual box.

1: H&R's or Eibach
2: Revo or Shark

sure others will give there 2p's worth shortly. lots of posts if you have a look around.

great lump the 3.0L diesel. my brother had the 335d 5 series, lots of power for a oil burner

1, I found the suspension very hard ( I know its an S line and it should be) but I was wondering if there is such a spring around that could soften the damping a little but still give a firmish ride and possibly lower it a tad.

Eibach pro springs. The ride will be less firm and very slightly lower (5mm approx.)

I can vouch for the Eibach Pro kit which I got from Damian. I have a A3 sport and find the springs give a much better ride than standard IMO but still firm when needed. They are much better than I thought they would be and not at all harsh. With the wheel spacers I fitted I have to be a bit careful coming off speed bumps, but that won't effect you.