Bored Already!! :-P

OVRA3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Some of you might have seen more recently my thread about my split diverter which has been that way since I had the car, got it all sorted now new coil packs new DV valve and all has been good... Power has been great but I am bored of it all ready and a craving for more power has kicked in..

I know these threads knock about a lot, but alot of them are based on the S3 rather than the A3 2.0 TFSI, I dont want to spend fortunes and I know alot of the A3 boys have bluefin maps, some with problems some without, but the bluefin is now £455!!

So whats a good cheaper alternative I know alot go for Revo but again its expensive... Any suggestions for cheaper alternatives that people have on their A3's and havent had any drama's with?

Cheers...

Mines mapped, I used Kinetic Tuning which use Carbon Chip Tuning maps. Give user on here Rhyso I shout, he is in South Wales but will travel I am sure...

Check out his website as they were doing deals for maps... Kinetic Tuning - Home

Mines mapped, I used Kinetic Tuning which use Carbon Chip Tuning maps. Give user on here Rhyso I shout, he is in South Wales but will travel I am sure...

Check out his website as they were doing deals for maps... Kinetic Tuning - Home

Thanks mate, that sounds more like it price wise... My DV was split badly and the power increase since that has been great so I think a remap will keep me happy for a little while longer until I plump for the S3 Sportback, when the missus lets me!! ha ha

Shark FTW, James! It will give your car way more 'bite' :eyebrows: :wub: xx

Everyone seems to be talking about the Shark map on here at the moment... Sounds good too
unfortunately didn't try it. i'm currently on revo (last 100miles). but other members rate Shark highly and the price seems right..

Ok ok shark it is will update once I have had it done bleeding forum makes you spend money!!!!!!! Thanks all :)

Ive have experience with mapping the 200ps (MK5 Gti) and 265ps (S3 x 2) versions of the 20T and although a mapped S3 is impressive, mapping the the 200ps to Stage 1 Tune gaves the biggest wow factor when compared to standard.
An essential mod for a car with that engine.
Clutch and DMF failure is the biggest concern however.

Revo is great, but a lot of money for Stage 1 only if you ask me.
SHARK is very good too (had REVO before, have SHARK now), give N8 a shout if you go SHARK, top fella and super efficient service.
Graham at GNJ is also very helpful guy.
Suppose it depends on location.

A mapped 200ps car is VERY close to stock 265ps peformance so might scratch your itch for a bit.

Good luck
Paul

Ive have experience with mapping the 200ps (MK5 Gti) and 265ps (S3 x 2) versions of the 20T and although a mapped S3 is impressive, mapping the the 200ps to Stage 1 Tune gaves the biggest wow factor when compared to standard.
An essential mod for a car with that engine.
Clutch and DMF failure is the biggest concern however.

Revo is great, but a lot of money for Stage 1 only if you ask me.
SHARK is very good too (had REVO before, have SHARK now), give N8 a shout if you go SHARK, top fella and super efficient service.
Graham at GNJ is also very helpful guy.
Suppose it depends on location.

A mapped 200ps car is VERY close to stock 265ps peformance so might scratch your itch for a bit.

Good luck
Paul

Mate great write up and this forum is so helpful although without it you would be a rich man!! Lol think I will go with the shark and the itch is really bad so may not tell the mrs I'm doing it! I'll get it booked and report back I am Norwich based so will see what the situation is as although from Essex originally we are well out in the stix!!!!!!

Mate great write up and this forum is so helpful although without it you would be a rich man!! Lol think I will go with the shark and the itch is really bad so may not tell the mrs I'm doing it! I'll get it booked and report back I am Norwich based so will see what the situation is as although from Essex originally we are well out in the stix!!!!!!

My Mrs still thinks REVO Stage 1 for the S3 is £300......:whistle2:

My Mrs still thinks REVO Stage 1 for the S3 is £300......:whistle2:

My dad was concerned I was blowing all my monies on my car...he doesnt get my need for speed....so my shark map only cost £50 ;) hahaha

Keep going with the excuses lads. I'm trying to persuade the mrs that the best way to solve the 3.2 hesitation issues is an Amd map. Just need to hide the price and try an explain away a milltek to go with it!

Keep going with the excuses lads. I'm trying to persuade the mrs that the best way to solve the 3.2 hesitation issues is an Amd map. Just need to hide the price and try an explain away a milltek to go with it!

Get outside and rip the cat off the 3.2 exhaust. tell her it must have been the pikeys. send it to AMD, Fire on the Milly. Accidentally fall over the Remap machine?

Simples!

I will check the pricing tomorrow and let you know. I would do the filter and catback as it helps with the N/A cars.

I'm not far from you as I'm only I tonbridge. Where in Medway are you?

Rob

Only Rochester way mate. That'd be cool. Sorry about the thread-jack by the way Jameso. :icon_thumright:

I'd be really interested to see a stage 1 Revo, Shark and Bluefin 2.0T compared on the road, to see if there is any real difference apart from price.

Stage 1 on th 2.0 t is superb, I think the KO3 cars respond massively and as you get the bang low down it feels like night and day.

Got to be done.

Off topic but you Medway boys need to come up to ace cafe end of this month! In only up the road in Gravesend and I try to make it every month

I'd love to mate, but 90% of the time I work nights. I was trying to get up during the Christmas period, but ended up doing the normal family stuff.