Clutch Replacement - What's Available

NCRAW

Reaction score
Hi All

After installing APR S2+ Last week, I started noticing slip this morning while cruising on 4th at 100kph then giving it a bit. What are the alternatives?

Car is 2008 S3 8P1. Daily Driver with regular visits to the mountains. Should I stick with DMF or switch to single? Scahs? SPEC? etc etc

Thanks in advance

Hi All

After installing APR S2+ Last week, I started noticing slip this morning while cruising on 4th at 100kph then giving it a bit. What are the alternatives?

Car is 2008 S3 8P1. Daily Driver with regular visits to the mountains. Should I stick with DMF or switch to single? Scahs? SPEC? etc etc

Thanks in advance

At up to 400-440lbs,the Sachs is fine,and keeps your DMF,as well as the original pedal feel.

I've run a Sachs on mine all the way up to 440bhp/440lbs,before it eventually gave up with Stg4 software and a lot more torque.

If you intend fitting a big turbo and suchlike,then I'd recommend a Spec Stg3+,but remember,most of these things are paddle clutches or carbon metallic,and all of them need a SMF,so you will find them heavier,harder to use,in that they don't like being slipped at all,and you will get more vibration and harshness.

The alternatives are Southbend,Helix and also Sachs do a paddle clutch,and Loba.

At up to 400-440lbs,the Sachs is fine,and keeps your DMF,as well as the original pedal feel.

I've run a Sachs on mine all the way up to 440bhp/440lbs,before it eventually gave up with Stg4 software and a lot more torque.

If you intend fitting a big turbo and suchlike,then I'd recommend a Spec Stg3+,but remember,most of these things are paddle clutches or carbon metallic,and all of them need a SMF,so you will find them heavier,harder to use,in that they don't like being slipped at all,and you will get more vibration and harshness.

The alternatives are Southbend,Helix and also Sachs do a paddle clutch,and Loba.

Thanks for all the info mate. I'm definitely not planning anymore power. Its my daily driver and i dont do track, only mountains. The main APR dealer here recommended the Sachs SMF kit but im a bit hesitant despite him assuring me that the noises are very much liveable.

Would I be able to machine my exiting flywheel or should I get a new one? also i believe mine is running the LUK one, should I switch to the Sachs?

Thanks for all the info mate. I'm definitely not planning anymore power. Its my daily driver and i dont do track, only mountains. The main APR dealer here recommended the Sachs SMF kit but im a bit hesitant despite him assuring me that the noises are very much liveable. Would I be able to machine my exiting flywheel or should I get a new one? also i believe mine is running the LUK one, should I switch to the Sachs?
I would go for the Sachs organic which uses the LUK DMF.

I would go for the Sachs organic which uses the LUK DMF.

What about the newer cars which run SACHS dmf as stock?

So basically the one on the SRE website is actually designed to work with luk dmf only?