How to begin in photography

hannah7115

Reaction score
Always wanted to become a photographer but haven't got very far yet into researching. What would be the best beginners camera to use?

Do you want to take photos just for fun/ your own enjoyment, or are you thinking of making a living from it?

Do you have any sort of camera at the mo, if you have any photos please post..

just trying to get a feel where you are at... and what level you trying to get.

Dont buy a 'beginners' camera.Youll quickly wish you needed something more capable and the resale of camera bodies is like negligible.My wife started with a nikon d60, and within a month needed a d90.Isnt worth selling the d60 (price to sell is 30% of what i bought it for).If wed bought the d90 straight off wouldnt have needed to upgrade so would have saved a considerable sum.If youre going to buy a nikon, make sure its a model with the lens motor in the camera body, this way there are many more lenses available.The d60 was limited to using lenses that had motors (for auto focus).Or buy a canon! Buteither way, avoid the starter kits and buy the best lens you can afford

It's all in the eye, camera is neither here nor there to start with.

Have you ever taken pictures other than snaps?

Iv just changed from D70s to a fuji bridge camera... So my d70s will be up for sale if your after a decent DSLR for beginners, PM me