OE front diff - handle big power??

Ronin225

SEAT owner
Reaction score
In the process of transfering an S3's haldex 4 wheel drive system into my leon cupra R and should have the front gearbox off at the weekend.
I was going to send the 02M box away for an overhaul and upgrade ready to handle big turbo power
I have a GT2871R kit but think i'm going to sell it and go bigger, more towards the 500's and wondered how the OE diff would handle this
Any people here running big turbos and what diffs are you using
I have looked into LSD's but dont really want to spend a lot of money on one if the OE is upto the job
Any feedback appreciated

I hear those running big turbos on 4wd setups use a blue haldex as a upgrade if that helps?

I hear those running big turbos on 4wd setups use a blue haldex as a upgrade if that helps?

There talk about this but not much else. No one, as far as I'm aware, quantified this in any way.

Pretty sure that welly an tuffty are still on standard haldex.

I know that I am and have experienced no problems in standard haldex. Especially for the price tag associated with the blue system.

Was looking more at the front diff really while the box is out, will change to some sort of uprated haldex controller at some point but will need to look into it more.
Just looking for advice for the front gearbox while i have it out and the chance to do any work needed on it