Thermostat Price at Stealers

Gavin G

Reaction score
I have just come off the phone from Belfast Audi and they quoted me a price for a thermostat as £26 and £110 to fit, this seems very expensive or is it?

In a word, yes. Buy one for less than a tenner from Euro Car Parts and fit it yourself. A pain, but worth the £110 saving.

I've done a few and can probably do one in 20 mins. Allow an hour.

Wouldn't have the tools to do it Welly, ive found a localish place that are now going to supply the stat for £5.50 and charge £25 per hour so happy enough with that i think :salute: i near laughed down the phone when then told me that would cost £136, politely told them no thanks im sure i can find somwhere cheaper, their reply was "you do know when we fit parts you have a 2 year warranty?" emmm thanks but no thanks

Wouldn't have the tools to do it Welly, ive found a localish place that are now going to supply the stat for £5.50 and charge £25 per hour so happy enough with that i think :salute: i near laughed down the phone when then told me that would cost £136, politely told them no thanks im sure i can find somwhere cheaper, their reply was "you do know when we fit parts you have a 2 year warranty?" emmm thanks but no thanks

LOL, a 2 year warranty? WOW. You could have 4 thermostats fitted by that garage for less than they want to fit 1. I'd be shocked if you get through 4 stats in 2 years!

Glad you found somewhere :thumbsup:

£110 will be an hours labour. Roughly £90+ vat which we are too. I`d buy genuine when it comes to thermostats. More stories than not of them packing up and having to be replaced again and people moaning they should have bought genuine in the first place.

Make sure you get a seal too!

Have to agree, buy gen part as if it fails it will be a pita to replace again

Not that I disagree with genuine parts, far from it in fact, I have fitted 4 or 5 thermos to various 1.8Ts from euro car parts and not a had a problem with any...

Seems a few inc Westy havent had issues with non gens but thats 2 good i`ve seen out of plenty moaning :p

Seems a few inc Westy havent had issues with non gens but thats 2 good i`ve seen out of plenty moaning :p

Like I said bud, preaching to the choir here - genuine parts are without doubt the primary option. Sometime though, funds just don't stretch :(

Dont i know it lol. Even with my discount or selling at cost some things are far from within my grasp.

i had mine changed recently, at an indy vag garage, he got genuine stat for just under £20 from audi