Remaining Miles on display

Alais DJA

Reaction score
One thats bothered me for a while now

What distance travelling does the remaining miles calculate how much fuel is left?

What distance travelling? I has a sensor that knows how much fuel you have, and works out how far that will get you based on your average fuel consumption. It's not very accurate though, and only measures multiples of 5 too.

What distance travelling? I has a sensor that knows how much fuel you have, and works out how far that will get you based on your average fuel consumption. It's not very accurate though, and only measures multiples of 5 too.

Well to put it another way, how often does it check?

Oh, think it's constant (like a few times a second). Like I said though, it's not very precise and not very accurate.

yea, it constantly adapts based on the fuel level remaining and the way you're driving.

Having filled up at the top of a hill and reset everything, I've coasted down and seen 650-700 miles remaining on a tank full.

Similarly, after 5 laps of the ring, briming the tank at the station 500 yards from the track will show 80 miles remaining on the full tank :)

It uses the last 20miles of driving as a reference afaik.

On startup it uses the long term average on the DIS instead.

Petrol station roulette is my favorite game, wait till the DIS shows 10 miles and then dare to pass service stations to see if you reach the next one, just keep doing that till your bottle goes then fill up :)

Mine was showing 0 and I had traveled a good 5 miles before I stopped, it took 62 litres, iirc it's a 65 litre tank so it'll never let you run out,

Mine was showing 0 and I had traveled a good 5 miles before I stopped, it took 62 litres, iirc it's a 65 litre tank so it'll never let you run out,

I've done 22 miles with it showing 0, then stuck a fiver in it and drove another 25 miles home, carefully :p

Petrol station roulette is my favorite game, wait till the DIS shows 10 miles and then dare to pass service stations to see if you reach the next one, just keep doing that till your bottle goes then fill up :)

i drove past the fuel station today with 0 miles remaining, drove the 10 miles back home and need to drive the 10 miles back in the morning before i fill up, and i couldn't resist giving it the beans round the twisties either

So the lesson here is if I ever do 1/4 drag runs I need to make sure my petrol light is on and the DIS is at 0 for the lightest possable car :)

filled up this morning after driving the 10 miles to fuel station and it took 62.13 litres