Help required ASAP regarding seats!

Chris_A

Reaction score
Morning folks...

i have a A4 B6 tdi sport, luckily i managed to pick up a b7 rs4 interior.

i have chopped, cutted n welded the rears in, loads of sweat and swearing but they are in!

next question is....

i'm planning on attacking the fronts this weekend, however, my original sport cloths seats, have electric lumber but are manual sliding.

the rs4 seats, are electic lumber and electric sliding (by sliding, i'm meaning back and fro, for leg length for driving position)

what can i do? is it a plug in and play?

i read somewhere that its a plug in and play ant that all was required was upping the fuse.

can anyone shed any light on this, as im crapping myself as i dont want leather rears and cloth fronts!

thanks guys

I could be wrong, but I thought the electric seats ran off the same harness as the electric bolster that they all have, you just need to up the fuse like you said. How many plugs are there under the RS4 seats? Yellow - airbag, green - heating, then you will have 2 others... can't remember the colours, but 1 is for seatbelt (sensing it's plugged in, tensioning in an accident) and the other for electric lumbar support. Depending on the year of your B6, you prob won't have the seat belt one. Check the harnesses under the RS4 seat and see what you've got in the car. Changing the front seats is really easy, hardest part is lifting them out!

Yeah mate, they weigh a tonne! LOL

My B6 is a 54/04, I havent actually had a look at plugs on either seats yet!

I think I remember hearing you need a Kufatec wiring loom?

People have done it, so I don't think it's going to be a problem.

is the kufatec loom not just to get the heated seats working?

i aint fussed about that just now, im more concerned bout reaching the steering wheel LOL