***CAR AT GARAGE - HIT A SNAG***

Alais DJA

Reaction score
Morning all.

Cars just gone down for suspension, and the rear wheels arnt turning from the propshaft.

Any ideas?

I remember something about an eatrh cable, does this rear diff need a power supply to run the rear wheels?

If so where is it?

Marcus

DOH!!! assuming this is while its in the air on a ramp.... It won't... its a haldex clutch system that is only engaged when the controller is told to... :)

Haldex Quattro's like the S3 are FWD until AWD is needed...

<tuffty/>

fake quattro for the win!

wilkinson_quattro_for_women_blades_27059.jpg

That is all.

Meh... get some fecking horsepower you pussys!! ;P

<tuffty/>

Reactions: 16Klappe
i thought all wheel should turn when in the air when being driven off the engine?

If driven off the engine then yes it probably will ... however there isn't enough info here to make an informed response as we don't know the circumstances behind this 'test'...

If the car is suspended on a two post lift or something and run in gear then the haldex should engage as the fronts start to turn and the rears don't which is 'typical' operation... if the handbrake was left on then the haldex will not operate as a safety feature...

If the engine was not running and they were turning the prop by hand then the rears wouldn't turn in the same way that spinning the rear wheels by hand wouldn't turn the prop...

<tuffty/>

What? If you run the engine in gear, all four wheels will engage?

Of cause, I just like laughing at Jimbob for suggesting they sent somebody up in the car and were driving it off the engine. I have visions of one of those "0 to 155mph in 3 seconds!" videos being filmed with this blokes car haha

Can i be the first to say that this was only put up due to me flapping out over the haldex earth,

After i said "shouldnt the rear be spinning" was due to the fact last time it was on blocks and taking up drive - hense my panic when they didnt off the prop. If anything, all you did was confirm what he said, and there's no disputing his credentials...did you see the front cover of Banzai?

Anyway - >

The Spirings are now on and lovely - rear one had cracked so bonus all round.

The dogbone powerflex mount is brilliant. More feel of engine idle through the wheel but solid on gear changes and no rubbing of the decat and prop - 10/10

Fuel filter got replaced, i was done 6 months ago, but it was solid black mess which was not good. But what a response now. What with new oil / filter / N249 Bypass / boost gauge, pulls clean and strong.

All i need is an S3 to eat.

...and all becomes clear :thumbsup:

Good news, glad its all worked out :)

<tuffty/>

I only go on fact.

No s3 ive raced has kept up.

PMSL, maybe they didnt try ? LOL My stock S3 would have destroyed my remapped 1.8t sport mainly due to the fact it actually puts the power down and goes whereas the FWD beast would just spin up the wheels. The fact yours is a 1.8T Sport Quattro would mean its a bit better due to the 4wd system but its still got less power than an S3 so .......

Im not saying the S3 is some super fast car, all I'm saying is its definatley faster than my 1.8T Sport was, and it would have to be otherwise what would have been the point in Audi making the S3 ? LOL

Last edited:
PMSL, maybe they didnt try ? LOL My stock S3 would have destroyed my remapped 1.8t sport mainly due to the fact it actually puts the power down and goes whereas the FWD beast would just spin up the wheels.

Im not saying the S3 is some super fast car, all I'm saying is its definatley faster than my 1.8T Sport was, and it would have to be otherwise what would have been the point in Audi making the S3 ? LOL

Your FWD comparison is a bit different as he has a quattro...

PMSL, maybe they didnt try ? LOL My stock S3 would have destroyed my remapped 1.8t sport mainly due to the fact it actually puts the power down and goes whereas the FWD beast would just spin up the wheels.

Thanks for that man, **** day at work and this has just made me laugh....nice one.

Hahahahahaha this is INCREDIBLE.

K03s power and fake 4WD, lolz.

Trolololol

Seriously though, me too.

Oh God, you're back! :beerchug:

K03s power and a form of 4wd is fine, but wont keep up with an s3 unless it's in limp mode/driven by a man with limp legs...

Who`s providing the snacks for the viewing of this discussion? I`ll take some giant buttons please. Its got all the right ingredients to make up the usual heated chat about whats better.

Who`s providing the snacks for the viewing of this discussion? I`ll take some giant buttons please. Its got all the right ingredients to make up the usual heated chat about whats better.

There is no "better" thats the point -

However, the S3 i just dont like, them weird un-neccesary wings on the door, the rear bumper that just looks wrong. Silver wingmirrors....no no no.

No disputing the 2.0T against the 1.8T - but for the extra 200cc....i see A LOT of posts going wrong with them, and not a lot on the 1.8T

However, the S3 i just dont like, them weird un-neccesary wings on the door, the rear bumper that just looks wrong. Silver wingmirrors....no no no.

No disputing the 2.0T against the 1.8T - but for the extra 200cc....i see A LOT of posts going wrong with them, and not a lot on the 1.8T

The 8L S3 is a 1.8T...

I only go on fact.

No s3 ive raced has kept up.

Come along to the meet on Sunday at Beaulieu as there should be a couple of S3`s there you can play with and see if they can keep up lol.

Eh? 8L S3's don't have 2.0t.....

Granted, the Aluminium mirrors are a marmite thing (personally prefer my body colour ones) but the arches etc its what makes the 'S' range that little bit special... with the right combo of suspension/spacers/wheels they have a fantastic look... the 8P's loose this on the S3 and look more like the S-Line A3 than anything...

<tuffty/>

Eh? 8L S3's don't have 2.0t.....

Granted, the Aluminium mirrors are a marmite thing (personally prefer my body colour ones) but the arches etc its what makes the 'S' range that little bit special... with the right combo of suspension/spacers/wheels they have a fantastic look... the 8P's loose this on the S3 and look more like the S-Line A3 than anything...

<tuffty/>

Uh Oh, the 8P lot might see this and then this thread will be closed quicker then you can say 'But your s3 looks exactly like a 2.0tdi S-Line' :lmfao:

I think Alais DJA must be Jardo's twin evil AWD brother... LOL

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Reesy