No Noise!

Jamie1985

Reaction score
Hi all little bit confused I have a 2.5tdi A4 Avant 2002 plate when I lift off the throttle I have no whoosh or waste gate chatter according to my next door neighbour who's a mechanic for VW and Audi I should have it. Is this normal or is something wrong??? Is there anything I can do to rectify this problem if there is one?

Many thanks

Jamie

I always thought "waste gate chatter" was reserved for the big turbo petrol units and its actually a poorly set up blow off or dump valve that makes the noise., and unless a diesel has a big turbo on it, it wont have a blow off valve. I've never heard waste gate chatter on a diesel, unless it's my ears. LOL

Last edited:
I have waste gate chatter on my 2.0 tdi a3 just my neighbour has thoughts running through my head I would like my A4 to have the whoosh noise that a turbo does guess I kinda miss my RS Turbo days lol is this possible if so what do I need to get this sound?

Many thanks

Jamie

not sure TBH, dont think an atmospheric dump valve would work an diesel as the revs aren't high enough. Could be wrong, its not something I want on my tractor personally LOL.

I read some of the Seat and vw TDI guys were smoothing and drilling the air box teamed with an aftermarket panel filter giving a slightly more pleasing sound.

you shouldnt have a noise on ya 2.5tdi if you have then the vaines need cleaning mine used to do this on gear changes but since new turbo its dissapeared turkster had this aswell and cured by turbo change... it's common they do make a noise but thats a faults being caused with a dirty egr valve i suspect so if you aint swooshing then thumbs up

Ok thanks mark been speaking to a mechanic about getting this noise (in my system since RS Turbo days) BOV is no good as they work on a vacuum and diesels don't produce them so he suggested I go down the route of getting an electronic smart BOV works on negative current (when foot comes off accelerator) electric current opens valve resulting in tsssst noise, might do it just till I'm fed up of sound won't be too long lol

Ok thanks mark been speaking to a mechanic about getting this noise (in my system since RS Turbo days) BOV is no good as they work on a vacuum and diesels don't produce them so he suggested I go down the route of getting an electronic smart BOV works on negative current (when foot comes off accelerator) electric current opens valve resulting in tsssst noise, might do it just till I'm fed up of sound won't be too long lol

and they sound ****

im sure on youtube there a pd130 in a seat leon which theyve fitted a dv and it works well but im pretty sure if you modify the exhaust you'll instantly get a nice gurgle sound and the turbo will whistle like a v8 scania lol.....

I'd love to get a custom exhaust put on but can't find a decent system for the 2.5tdi Quattro

Any recommendations???

Thanks

Jamie

think you will need to get one made then !! powerflow etc