Revo Stage 1 - Stattler In stalled :)

Spin140

Reaction score
Owned my 2010 S3 again (second time around) since Dec 1st 2011.

I have been very keen to get it mapped but what with Xmas and other commitments I have struggled to get down to Revo HQ to let the Guys work their usual magic.
In the meantime I have been enjoying getting to know the S3 again and this time around have really appreciated the excellent build and dare I say the wonderful practicality of the SB, those of us with kids will know where I'm coming from - They get there own rear doors and I get my Buckets.

I already have a great relationship with the Guys at Stattler and the biggest benefit for me was the fact they are open on Saturdays :)

I managed to get up to Sheffield this weekend and as usual the service and experience was excellent.

The car was health checked and following much tea and banter the map installed. My initial thoughts were that it felt livelier but was still lacking a little sparkle so after some discussion with Junior he changed my settings and settled on max boost (9), this now felt much better.

Having experienced stage 2 + on several of my cars I knew it was never going to blow me away but stage 1 really is night and day from stock, the journey home confirmed how worthwhile this mod is as the car felt much better on the motorway with plenty more torque, cruising is now an absolute pleasure, you just need to remember to keep a close on the speedo as the car is much quicker in every scenario.

Car has performed faultlessly with no hesitatons and feels strong throughout the rev range but now with increased aggression in the higher reaches of rpm.

I do feel that Stage 1 should be more than adequate for the majority out there and it retains a high degree of stealth as no hardware is required, the car is more than quick enough too, especially for road use.

I know that i will still reach stage 2 + in the short term but this time around I plan to enjoy the car for a time between stages so that I can really appreciate the differences gained.

In summary, I still think that Revo ticks all the boxes and delivers all the claimed gains so for me is still the best software for the S3, if you are up North or just fancy some excellent service accompanied by Tea and banter, Stattler are highly recommended.

Don't know how I missed this!!

Good to see it's all in check. Take it Stage 2 is not far away????

Nice one spin cant fault stattlers top guys,graig and steve jnr. i was there all day and they looked after me, my car went from standard to stage 2+ in a day , will be booking my next visit very soon....:rock:

Nice one spin cant fault stattlers top guys,graig and steve jnr. i was there all day and they looked after me, my car went from standard to stage 2+ in a day , will be booking my next visit very soon....:rock:

Wow! Please tell me more? How was that? How does it feel to drive? What had to be done, etc. lol. Gimme the info! ;D

Hi there,, yeah bought most parts from a forum member and went to stage2+ in a day ,,full milltek tbe ,itg, autotech pump, h&r springs , h&r arbs, rs4 pressure value, ,new plugs and coilpacks,revised d,Sps switch ,,stage 2+ revo ...

I thought i was a rally driver ,flying round the streets of sheffield ,, it was a great feeling ...:)

Hi spin very true ,I was there at 10 am left about 9pm and was charged what they quoted me not a penny extra ...

Spin does pay in biscuits though and not hard cash,was saying to Jnr the other day how well the car still looks mate very nice but out of my price range for something a like,have been looking at the Ed30 route though if i dare say that on here

Last edited:
ED30 gives you all the benefits of the KO4 without the expense of the Audi, I know many will start harking on about quattro but Steves car proves that traction doesn't have to be an issue - fastest Golf I've ever been in :)

The other option I guess is a lump transplant to your car, surely Stattler has a few lying around LOL !!

Hi is steve not making a ed30 4 wd....you could always buy that....:)

He is going to get round to running the R32 shell he bought on a ko4 on that haldex system so yeah the quattro set up but he is on about having that stripped out totally as we have got the interior,wheel,sat-nav up for sale at the moment,i cant believe the seats havnt sold though,ok there expensive but there in brilliant condition to some i have seen but we just get stupid offers or offers off exchanging for standard trim etc?

As for my A3 i love it but i just havnt got the money spare to get and S3 what i want so would be paying another £4-5k for something the same inside and just about outside unless i could get something top spec,but for me when i have had a car for 3 year i am normally bored of it inside and out if you know what i mean,i would have like a 5dr like Spins because they look well with roof rails on which would mind for the mountain bike

As for the quattro system i love it and the cars feel so planted but i may have to leave it for a couple of years until i could come back to it when funds are better

Your motor is gorgeous and as I have said many times the very best colour, be a hard one to say goodbye too as always looks factory fresh.

I'd love to and actually plan to keep this car for 3 years as this time I aim to buy a track ***** to abuse, ideal world I'd have the unds to set Steve to work on one for me but may have to settle for a Clio cup or similar, assuming the good lady wife finds a new job having just taken redundancy !!