ECS Stage 5

• Thread starter imported_MancheS3er
  • Start date
I

imported_MancheS3er

Anyone got any images of the ECS Stage V brake kit on an S3 ?

I'm considering uprating my OEM front brakes to this kit but am a little concerned that with the enormity of the brake discs and calipers that it may dominate the whole look of the car (especially in red). I know this kit is more about function than form but it would be nice to get an idea how it will change the look of the car.

Here's the kit...

BeautyShot-400x300.jpg

and on an R32

Rolling-808x.jpg

Hi mate,
Heres another pic for you. Its one of our customers with an R32.
S5.jpg

We've not yet sold a kit for an S3/TT. Spacers may be required but you can use the ECS templates to figure it out.

They wont dominate the car, but will certainly look amazing and work EVEN better. The pads alone are around the size of a Boxster/Brembo GT Calliper!

Rich

Rich

Cheers Rich, they do look pretty special.

I've looked at the cost of these on the ECS site under the TT section but am not sure how practical ordering through ECS will be as the shipping costs are very high even with the favourable exchange rates at the moment (I seem to recall the total cost being something like US$2,500).

You don't appear to have the Stage V costs on your JBR site, but did refer to the stage V kit in your last GB. Will you be running another ECS GB soon and roughly what could I expect costwise. Also, I'd need these fitting as well as supplying, any ideas/recommendations where and for how much I could get this done for.

I don't suppose you have a fitting service do you, I just don't fancy trying to set these bad boys up and making a mess of it.

Hi,

We can currently do them for £1397+vat which is roughly £50 more expensive than most companies sell the 993TT setup for!

I cant really say how much for GB prices as it depends on exchange rates .etc at the time.

We dont offer a fitting service, however any competent mechanic can fit these...There is nothing different or difficult about them fitting wise...generally a piece of cake!

Rich

Stage 5 look mint, but do you not think that they will be a bit unpractical for every day use?

You can ask the people you buy parcel off outside the EU to subtley package the parcel and write 'gift' on the packaging, it sometimes helps you evade import duty. It worked once for me with a pair of oakleys from the states but i got stung with a mugen airbox from japan.

Its UPS and all good have to have documents declaring their value...

[ QUOTE ]
Stage 5 look mint, but do you not think that they will be a bit unpractical for every day use?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing unpractical about it... Got a R32 customer who is very happy with the kit and uses his car every day.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can ask the people you buy parcel off outside the EU to subtley package the parcel and write 'gift' on the packaging, it sometimes helps you evade import duty. It worked once for me with a pair of oakleys from the states but i got stung with a mugen airbox from japan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any goods (gift or otherwise) with value >£145 are subject to VAT/duty .. it's also a criminal offence in the US now to falsify values of goods sent abroad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If I worked in Customs I'd be opening all these 'gifts' right away knowing damn well someone was trying to sneak something through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasnt this 145 figure changed in the recent budget?

Dunc

Next week i will put this stage in my s3 and i will tell you about it(and about the spacers).I choose this kit because is not heavier than oem one.Ecs dont send it like gift so you ll have to pay in custom office.Last month i put 312x22 Brembo discs rear with oem calipers.

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you get the Brembo rear kit from ? Any pictures ?

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the same kind of thing as the ECS rear kit and the Tarox rear kit.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where did you get the Brembo rear kit from ? Any pictures ?

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the same kind of thing as the ECS rear kit and the Tarox rear kit.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like one piece disks to me Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Elias S3, can you let us all know how the Stage V upgrade goes and post some pics afterwards.

Thanks

i will put them this thursday and let you know.rear kit is one kit and not like ecs(rotor+disc) and is very light

[ QUOTE ]
i will put them this thursday and let you know.rear kit is one kit and not like ecs(rotor+disc) and is very light

[/ QUOTE ]

OK it's Thursday, let see some photies !!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Photies - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Are they similar to Photo's! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any goods (gift or otherwise) with value >£145 are subject to VAT/duty .. it's also a criminal offence in the US now to falsify values of goods sent abroad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If I worked in Customs I'd be opening all these 'gifts' right away knowing damn well someone was trying to sneak something through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasnt this 145 figure changed in the recent budget?

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Amount hasn't changed but the £145 limit is if you're bringing back goods from abroad yourself.

If by post, the following applies:

"Customs duties

7.3 E-commerce raises only one issue for customs duties. This results from the anticipated increase in small packages brought about by customers using the Internet to buy from abroad.

7.4 Goods imported into the UK from outside the EU may be subject to customs duty and import VAT with the rates being determined by the nature of the goods in question.

7.5 There are two exceptions to this general rule:

if the value of a consignment does not exceed £18 it qualifies for a ‘de minimis limit' relief and is admitted free of customs duty and VAT. If the value exceeds £18, customs duty and import VAT are payable on the entire value; or
if a consignment is sent as a gift from a private individual to a private individual and its value does not exceed £36 then it is not liable to customs duty or import VAT. Again, if the value exceeds £36, the customs duty and import VAT are payable on the full value. "

But do we get the tax back we paid at source? Do we feck ... nice country we live in eh?

A

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Photies - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Are they similar to Photo's! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're laffin son

Photies is a commonly used colloquialism (or slang) for photo's. Take a look, even our own audi girl uses this terminology....

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...sb=1&o=&fpart=1

Anyway, still no sign of Elias ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're laffin son

Photies is a commonly used colloquialism (or slang) for photo's. Take a look, even our own audi girl uses this terminology....

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...sb=1&o=&fpart=1

Anyway, still no sign of Elias ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boll&x! I'm not buying that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

ok the news.
last night i put stage 5.
oem caliper with used pads 5,6kgr
oem rotor+disc 7,5kgr
total 13,1kgr

esc caliper without pads 4,5kgr
new pads 2kgr!
rotor+disc 8,150kgr
brackets 0,5kgr
total ecs 15,150kgr

also disc is 358x31,5 and not 32
i am not ready to tell you how good brake because i have to make many miles but until now no problem in city(no sound of brake...)
some photos here
P2130337.JPG

P2130330.JPG

more in daylight tomorrow

Elias

Did you need spacers in the end and if so what are the specifications.

Also, how long is the recommended run in period and what are the guidelines for braking while you are bedding the brakes in?

Totally agree with Rob's comments, very jealous and can't wait to have the cash to afford this set-up.

Any chance you can do a GB on these in the near future Rich?

More photies (just for DickyS3's benefit) please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Any chance you can do a GB on these in the near future Rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

If enough of you are interested with the intention of buying!

I dont bother too much with bedding in procedures as such... I just drive normally and they bed in nicely...

Rich

wow nice low clearance

those are 19" Rims i'm guessing what offsets you running to clear those mate?

lovely combo

rims are 18''.
i have to drive carefully for about 1000km and start pushing more.
I used 0,8cm spacers.Also i could not keep behind rotors audi's protective plate.
more photos
P2140340.JPG

P2140342.JPG

Stunning, absolutely awesome, they even make those Brembo rears look puny in comparison

Elias, you say you used 0.8cm spacers, was this on all four wheels or just the front two. Should all the wheels have the same offset ??

because of front brakes i had to use spacers.I put them in all wheels so not to have any problem with stability of car

[ QUOTE ]
Hi mate,
Heres another pic for you. Its one of our customers with an R32.
S5.jpg

We've not yet sold a kit for an S3/TT. Spacers may be required but you can use the ECS templates to figure it out.

They wont dominate the car, but will certainly look amazing and work EVEN better. The pads alone are around the size of a Boxster/Brembo GT Calliper!

Rich

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich,

I'm saving my pennies and looking to buy a set of these, along with the Stage 1 rears, in the next month or so. Do you know of anyone that has tried this set-up yet, any experience? Would it be a bit OTT on an S3/A3?How log does it take to get them over?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Got some R32 customer primarily with this setup - Very happy indeed! They work very well (i've been told) on track.

Rich