Chip > 26% Increase in Power...?

Leon

Reaction score
I am due to take my car into AMD tomorrow for several bits of work, but most importantly I was considering a chip upgrade. I run a 210bhp S3 and was hoping to have the Stage 1 done which take's it up to a reported 275bhp. The problem is, I've spoken with my insurance and they will cover up to max of 26% increase in power. My calculations is that in order to comply my limit is 265bhp, as 275bhp is around 30% increase.

My question is whether anyone else has come across this before and whether it should be a real concern. I know AMD's RR flatters so I would guess that the 'real' output is around the 265bph mark anyway. But I don't want to gamble and worry about a claim if the need ever arose.

The alternative is the one-click as I understand this 'only' adds 45bhp but I'm not too keen on it.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Leon

I think you've answered your own question there Leon. 275 is very optomistic and you are correct in thinking you will realistically get about 260 - 265. You will be ok with this.

I cant see an issue with a claim if you go for the 26%. I think thats what I have declared...

Hope this helps
Rich.

Thanks Rich. Good to hear others have done the same thing to confirm my thinking.

How would the insurance company ever verify this anyway?

Put it on the rolling road after you have crashed it....???