RS4 body conversion update

That is really nice!! Had a lot of work put into it.

1863_548e5daafe22528168ee975af9c12f40.jpg

1863_c541fa2849128f4c9bb6ffcb429c0abe.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

1863_e6661ba3a9fd99b4ca157ceb6addc2d8.jpg

Cheers

Looks great with the near black rims too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
OMG whats the point if its a diesel?

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the point on any car if it doesn't have the engine to match?
Far more fun, I reckon, to put a muscle engine in a standard shell - especially a diesel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The point is like me that he loves the look of the RS4 but not the running cost.

So he has the best of both world in his eyes, personally I would not do a diesel but then some would say they would not do it to a 1.8TQ only a S4.

At the end of the day it does not matter what matters is he did it and he did a ****** great job.

ah but we don`t know his future plans so talking in haste- he may well put in a rs4 lump!

I love posting on european forums as the confusion due to language barrier is hilarious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

That guy has gone into some amount of detail!! The roof liner, rear shelf door cards etc. Looks amazing, I can't wait to see yours finished Docurley!!

I'm hoping to get most of the work done this weekend as the missus had an op and so I have not been able to do any work outside on her.

I missed the VIC test due to the windscreen wiper arms seizing up so I have to resort all that out again before I can pic up the new rims.

Plus I have most of the dash out now trying to get that last clip of to remove the ally trim to put in the Carbon Fibre trim in (pain in the ****).

So if anyone is interested I will have a set of ally dash and door trim in ok condition if anyone is interested that is.

sounds like fun, not! cant wait to see a pic with the wheels on. keep up the good work doc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

How much you want for the trim dude?

Mine's Aluminium, obviously, so it'd be nice to have a spare set.

Plus, I was thinking of making a pod to fit three guages in, in the spot above the centre console... so if I balls it up I'll have another trim to sort myself out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

T

Fiver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sh*t I dunno dude... what are they worth to you? I don't wanna spend a fortune obviously, it was just a thought since you have them there...

Doc,

Iv'e got to say you are doing a fabulous job. I was trying to figure ou exactly where the graft points are for the rear quarter panels - can you explain how that's been done please. It ain't obvious to me or am I being a muppet. It would be interesting to know the total labour time involved to do the bodywork up to spraybay readiness.

What about a custom paint job - Candy Apple Red? 6 coats with a stone polish - to die for!!!

Cheers
Dazzer

B5 S4 FL, MRC remap, RS4 Replicas, S/S, Miltek Dual Cat-back, Pro-lite BG

WOW! That looks sweet, good work fella! When those arches are filled with massive wheels (19"s?) it will look awesome. Top job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Went for the MOT this weekend and it failed as they could not get any emissions from the car, I would imagine its my single piston dump vale causing that so new one on order.

That looks great Doc! Job well done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

What's with the bricks though???

T

Is it possible to fit a set of original RS4 skirts to a normal A4?

Or is there the issue of them not meeting the wings properly at the bottom?

Hello again all. I'm still Audi-less unfortunately, but I do have the odd look around AS.net (mainly just to see how the RS4 conversion is going, Doc!).

All I can say is F***ing WOW!!!

It really looks the biz. The best looking RS4 conversion I've seen for a long while.

I feel a bit cheeky lurking around here after selling the Turbo (I HAD to sell it I tell you!!!!!!), but wow, it really is a mean looking beast.

Thumbs up.

PS - Hope you go for a setup like RichA3Turbo's engine. That would be the icing on the cake.

All the best lads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drew - Who bought your car mate, was it someone off of AS.net? What you looking to get next?

Right... can I be negative here...???

I love the car and it is looking sooo good, cant wait to see the spacers in place filling those arches... BUT...

I just dont like that rear bumper... it just dont look right. From the side it looks okayish... from the rear it just does not look right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif - sorry to be negative, but just my thoughts.

All in all though... once it is running 300+ BHP, got those arches filled, we will ALL be drooling!

I knew the rear bumper would not be liked by all, it was the best option at the time.

Now reading your sig spec it would be interesting to know what’s going on in the Carrado to be hitting 340+bhp

looks hot doc, can't wait to see it at some shows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif what brakes are you gonna fill the rims with? i like the bumper, continues the presence

can't wait to see it dropped and spaced looks great on that side view can imagine where its going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

exciting project this

[ QUOTE ]
Drew - Who bought your car mate, was it someone off of AS.net? What you looking to get next?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi mate. It was a friend of the family who bought it eventually - he knew alot about the car, so I got a fair price for it. Haven't got a clue what my next 'real' car is going to be; still on the lookout for a cheap n cheerful (or should I say cheap n nasty!) runaround to use for the time being. Cash is not plentiful at the moment!

Eventually, I'm thinking of getting an old Quattro Coupe (B3/B4 shape), maybe an S2, 20v n/a, or a 2.8, and doing a complete rebuild. My old car was an 89 2.2 Coupe, and although it looked as sexy as hell, it was on it's last legs. I think it would be hard to find a really mint one nowadays, so I've toyed with the idea of finding a decent Quattro, and throwing a bit of cash towards it.

2.2 turbo........mmmmmmmmm........

That's all a long way off though.

Doc, any idea how an OEM S4 rear would look? I'm not saying the bumper you have doesn't look good (I like it anyway) but maybe someone can photoshop an S4 onto an image of your car. It might be too shallow to follow the contours of the skirts, but on the same hand it might look even better.

Good luck with the engine, sounds like it will have the grunt to match the looks.

Hey Drew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Did wonder where you`d gone- always welcome! Also planning my next to be backwards in time- been flicking through classic car mags to find something unusual, stylish and with good power. If not then back to a mk2 golf and go mad on it. Prefer old cars to current new car designs.

The s4 bumper does look lovely on the rs4 converion- have a look around on the site for pics Docurley posted a litttle while ago as someone already did that.

Breaks will be RS4 front and rear with a 6 speed once I get round to that lot.

I like the idea of S3 pistons and that HIH Turbo setup it just the manifold thats the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats probably my favourite B5 ever!!! Stunning.

i used to have pics of that car, if you got them can u send them to me please. cars lookin nice doc, i have to agree though i think the s4 rear would look better. looking fat anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i used to have pics of that car, if you got them can u send them to me please. cars lookin nice doc, i have to agree though i think the s4 rear would look better. looking fat anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow this link it as the full write-up.

Rob Fox S4 RS4 saloon/sedan

do like yours doc, and the s4!

when yours is sitting right it will look even better!

jabba not interested in designing a longitudinal manifold then,
could always ask the same company that do theirs to do you one

Alright Yaseen - yep, old-school is the way to go!

Doc, after looking at that pic, I have to agree that an S4 rear would maybe look better.

Either way, it's a real beauty.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to have this pic on my desktop does anyone have a bigger picture of this ( better resolution) picture.