M5 massive crash

****** awful.

Just proves with all the tech in the world and great driving skills you can inadvertently get caught up in something like this and have no way out.

Makes you realise how important it is to make space and drive responsibly in poor conditions as you're only as good as the next man.

Thoughts go out to all the families involved.

Reactions: Matt_S
Such sad news to wake up to this morning.

Thoughts are with those involved.

I read about this last night just before I went to bed, on the radio this morning though, the 'several people' is now @43 people!

As mentioned above, thought to all those families!

could have been avoided if people actually gave an appropriate distance between them and the vehicle in front, i see it all the time on the motorway, people just drive to close to each other in some belief that there cars can stop as quick as an f1 car

read about this early this morning over here. Very sad and thoughts are with the families. Sometimes Mother Nature can be very cruel and drivers need to allow more space and slow down when conditions deteriate.

I read about this last night just before I went to bed, on the radio this morning though, the 'several people' is now @43 people!

As mentioned above, thought to all those families!

OK, only just managed to get onto a computer, I hope I didn't get the wrong message accross, the official figures is 51 people involved and 7 people died, and there's me thinking it was actually 43 people that died whilst listening to the radio on the M42! My bad!!

It would appear there was a bonfire night party at a Rugby club next to the M5, right where the accident happened. Eyewitnesses at the time said there was a lot of smoke on the motorway, and the Police are now looking into this as the potential cause of the accident. Drivers complained of a "fog wall" that completely impaired vision, and that there was a lot of braking going on at this part of the motorway.

It only takes one wrong move by one driver to cause chaos on the motorway.

God bless all those affected.

really sad news my thoughts with the families and friends of those involved