Retro-Fit rear parking sensors

gaz j

Reaction score
Has anyone done the above? And if yes how easy is it? Did you buy oem kit or are the kits on ebay any good? OEM kits are £100 on ebay but there are other ones around £20, any help appreciated. My car is a 58 2.0tdi s-line.

Be careful with the OEM route via a dealer. Many of the dealers are selling their own kits which are just ebay kits so people think they're getting OEM. I don't think I've seen anyone do a proper kit i.e. one that you can control tones/volume etc within the MMI.

I have a cheap and cheerful retrofit kit off the bay. £15.00 and does the job very well. I upgraded the buzzer with one from Maplins as the supplied one was a bit lame, but for 15 notes, you can't complain. Easy to fit too. Bumper off and the locations are marked on the rear of the bumper of where to drill. The locations even have cross hairs so you can drill accurately.

The ones you got off ebay do they fit flush to bumper? Where do you fit the buzzer/control unit?

They stick up slightly proud, but still look as though they've always been there. All retrofit types will sit proud I think (I am ready to be corrected on this however).

I mounted the buzzer underneath the plastic 'ledge' in the boot, the bit where the parcel shelf rests on.

Thanks for reply,i might save my pennies and plump for the £15 ones off ebay.