2.0 fsi opinions?

marcuswomersley

Reaction score
Im considering buying an a4 with the 2.0 fsi, can i have anybodys opinions on these engines, how they pull? are they a sporty engine? any common problems? Thanks

They're generally overshadowed by the 1.9 130 which has similar performance but better economy. I've never driven one, but several people on here have them and I've never really heard a bad word about them from people who do.

I've got one and have been pleased with it,very nice drive pulls well through the gears and fairly good economy for a petrol,,, maintenance wise depending on mileage if it's done over a 100k make sure the timing chain that links the cams as been changed as well as the timing belt-kit other than that it's just usual maintenance ie coil-packs etc...

Im a bit nervous about the fsi injectors. Do people have to replace them ever, and at what sort of mileage? It looks like a fiddley job to get them out to me. Thanks

there a pita to get at
but never herd of them failing

mines done 140k and hasn't needed them,,, but make sure the timing-chain and tensioner that links the two cams as been changed,there's a member with A3 2.0 FSI ,just last week had one go been quoted £3700 by audi, mine went on start up last year was lucky it didn't make valve piston contact cost me £650,, dealers will tell you it's not part of any service-plan, doesn't matter it can and will fail !

Last edited: