REVO Map on 2002 S3

decanted

Reaction score
Hi!

Tell me if this post is already about, but I was thinking of putting a REVO Map on my 2002 S3 and really just want to know if I need to add anything else with it like a Front Mount or something?
The car is standard.

Cheers! :D

Stage 1 maps are designed to work with the factory hardware basically. You don't HAVE to add anything.

However, as with most things in life, the more you put in, the more you get out. Sensible additions such as a front mount intercooler, Downpipe etc etc etc will aid the car in making the higher performance for longer.

Don't expect more BHP from things like front mounts - it doesn't happen. It will however make sure that you get the best possible output from the map, and more importantly, for a longer period of time.

Be warned however, mods are a slippery slope.

alright fella, i had my 2002 S3 mapped completely standard and still transformed how it drives - i was hoping to have a cat back before i mapped it but problems in ordering the right box occured and i already had the map booked in - i rang to see if it made a difference and they said minimal so i went ahead regardless, and the way the car drives after the map is much better and quicker. better pull through the gears from all revs and is noticeably smoother. So if you want to add something else with it a cat back exhaust isn't a bad move but I didn't have anything when i mapped mine, except my rs4 wheels and some coilovers. so standard engine wise. Josh

Nice! Thanks for this guys.
I was just getting some feedback as I have a relatively new clutch and dont fancy killing it super quick with a map.

You don't need to add a FMIC etc but... stage1 and for that matter stage 2 maps will makes things run a bit hotter so you would benefit from a FMIC...

Despite what anyone says a FMIC, 3" downpipe etc don't really give you more power but just give you what you have more of the time... without them you get one or two shots of full power then as the heatsoak sets in the power drops a bit and you have to wait for it all to cool down again as the poor little sidemounts can't cope..

Something like a 3" TIP and cone filter will give you performance increases whereas the other stuff gives you performance stamina...

Usual set of mods is FMIC, 3" downpipe and sports cat/decat (depending), Badger5 3" induction kit and a Forge 007p (or the new 008p) for a more reliable DV...

This kinda setup will net you around the 270/280bhp region coupled with a stage 2 map

<tuffty/>

You don't need to add a FMIC etc but... stage1 and for that matter stage 2 maps will makes things run a bit hotter so you would benefit from a FMIC...

Despite what anyone says a FMIC, 3" downpipe etc don't really give you more power but just give you what you have more of the time... without them you get one or two shots of full power then as the heatsoak sets in the power drops a bit and you have to wait for it all to cool down again as the poor little sidemounts can't cope..

Something like a 3" TIP and cone filter will give you performance increases whereas the other stuff gives you performance stamina...

Usual set of mods is FMIC, 3" downpipe and sports cat/decat (depending), Badger5 3" induction kit and a Forge 007p (or the new 008p) for a more reliable DV...

This kinda setup will net you around the 270/280bhp region coupled with a stage 2 map

<tuffty/>

that's my plans. although it's never finished.

Nice! Thanks for this guys.
I was just getting some feedback as I have a relatively new clutch and dont fancy killing it super quick with a map.

New clutch should be fine... just don't try and launch the car too often... that will kill them... remaps normally push tired clutches over the edge... the extra boost and torque does that... also make sure your plugs are ok and gapped correctly... coil packs tend to take a hammering but its normally due to poor plug gapping/maintenance... saw a Leon once that came in with a 1mm gap on the plugs!!! needless to say coilpack after coilpack started to fail...

0.7mm plug gap for a mapped engine is the norm...

<tuffty/>

Is a stage one revo a custom or generic map?

Generic to a point... Revo maps can be adjusted for boost, fuelling and ignition timing and stage 2 is not much more cost wise as an upgrade once you have all the bits..

<tuffty/>