a3/s3 stainless manifold ???

09jaket

Reaction score
hi ive got a a3 8l 1.6, does anyone know where i can buy a stainless exhaust manifold from?

is the s3 manifold the same fitment as the a3?

cheers guys

s3 exhaust manifold is different. a3 1.8t is different also i believe.

You would need an aftermarket one. Not much point though as the gains will be minimal

Well yeah it would be different from a turbo engine to an n/a.. I very much doubt one was ever produced as the 1.6 was never a car that was modded to be honest so companies wouldnt have bothered developing much at all. Everything will probably have to be custom.

stick a cone on it and backbox. Will sound alright then at least.

A lot of 1.6 A3 owners ask these types of questions and sadly the answer is and probably always will be the same... drive it around until you can afford to buy and insure a 1.8t and tune that...

The N/A's are just not worth the expense and bother and as Jason has already said, there isn't that much of a market for this engine so parts will be limited...

To pre-empt further 'tuning' questions... engine swaps to a 1.8t and supercharging has been discussed but doing this on a 1.6 A3 is never cheap and the running gear on a 1.6 is different to that of 1.8t's so to change the brakes and stuff you will almost need most of a 1.8t to do this type of conversion...

<tuffty/>

To pre-empt further 'tuning' questions... engine swaps to a 1.8t and supercharging has been discussed but doing this on a 1.6 A3 is never cheap and the running gear on a 1.6 is different to that of 1.8t's so to change the brakes and stuff you will almost need most of a 1.8t to do this type of conversion...

This.

Maybe it's worth making a thread and stickying it for 1.6 "tuning" questions.