Had to change the Battery!

lockie2002

In the Fast Lane!
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if any one has had this problem before, came to the car yesterday morning and the battery was as flat as a dodo, jumped it and took it to the local spares place where he diagnosed the battery was goosed so i bought a new one and have fitted it but what i did notice last week was that the hazard light switch was constantly illuminated which i didn't think it should be but just left it, anyway ive now changed the battery and once the alarm is set the switch stays illuminated for 5 seconds goes off for a couple of seconds then comes back on for 5 seconds. Has anyone experienced this before??

Cheers Steve

the hazard light stays on for so long when you lock up
cant rember how long tho
and when you unlock it it turns on then aswell

Same as the selector lever - sneak up on it once it's been locked for an hour or so without unlocking it, and they should both be dim.

you may have got a bad switch

Thanks for the link James i took the negative connection off earlier and left it for half hour then put it back on, if this fails i'll try another switch and if that fails are the ccu's expensive??

Cheers

i had similar issue about 2 mths back with my hazard switch illuminating and dash panel i.e mileage etc was staying illuminating whilst alarmed and left and then it appeared that if i opened my drivers door the windows etc wouldnt work after investiagations i found my wiring had broke inside the rubber boot on drivers door fixed the wiring and strangly my dash and hazard switch goes off correctly im still baffeled how this is linked as i was only fixing my window fault......... maybe worth a sneak m8 also the week before i came to the car and flat battery had it checked and it was defo past its day all the cells inside was badly swollen and gone black so new battery fitted aswell

Ok thanks for that Mark will get it checked out, yeah battery had some dud cells so have replaced, ive now unplugged the hazard switch so will get a replacement and try it

Cheers