Do Ferrodo DS2500 pads for LCR Brembos have a wear indicator?

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
As per title - I've got DS2500 pads in the LCR Brembo callipers on my S3. The pad thickness amber warning symbol came on yesterday but I thought these pads didn't have a wear sensor in them? Can anyone confirm yay or nay?

If it's no then I guess whatever the garage did to short out the sensor has come undone causing the warning to pop up.

when they go SSSSCCCCRRRRAAAPPPPPEEEEE it's time to change them......

Ok, seriously, they dont no. I have heard of people adding them. Or using the plug off the old pads to make a short circuit by joining the wires together to stop the light coming on

Jase, if you have a genuine Brembo GT kit, you should have one of these to bridge the brake sensor wire. It probably just needs a clean.

20082010341.jpg

No they don't, had DS2500s on my LCR too, just tape the sensor lead out of the way as I recall...

when they go SSSSCCCCRRRRAAAPPPPPEEEEE it's time to change them......

I've not been that naughty on the Audi, but had some interesting post track day drives home in my old Ibiza. It's quite surprising just how well pad backing material on disc actually works!.

Thanks to everyone else for their help - I suspect driving over some of our high quality surfaced roads has caused the bridge to brake so will go rooting for it tomorrow.