Need 4 new tyres which ones

s3gazz

Reaction score
Had a free health check from audi today and need a list of thing if anyone nows of where and how much of the following thanks would be great help

1. 4 new tyres what are the best for them money
2. Inner and outer cv boots both side where from
3. Rear off side caliper sticking how do I solve this cheers
4. Bottom arm rear bushes spliting both side best place for them

Ha and the price would of come to £966 pound to sort it all like fooook

Tyres id say falken 452,they are hard to find though so ring around!,wishbones buy the pollybush kit around £100 for the front bush's (try demon tweaks) get a local garage to fit them!cv boot (t.p.s) trade parts supplys they sale genuine parts for a cheeper price!,and calipers take them of the car and push back piston in and out a few times,if still stuck buy new from (tps)!

Thanks mate don't fancy spending loads on tyres lol not got the money at min ill get some prices

i agree with the falkens have on all corners. camskill had them for less than 70 each a while back. check out ecp or gsf for the cv boot kits i think they work out about 20-25 each. matt

I'd have said Michellin Pilot Exaltos but you kinda need a mortgage for them lol

I was getting a pretty good price for Falkens through blackcircles.com, although in a different size, which included fitting. Might be worth a try?

Iv got Continental Contact Sport 3s I think there bang on mate dry or wet I have loads of grip.

Chris.

Iv got Continental Contact Sport 3s I think there bang on mate dry or wet I have loads of grip.

Chris.z

l agree bout the continentals had them previous to the falkens. Amazing grip levels, but a bit steep price wise

Matt

Last edited:
Cheers all had a look on camskills web site and there £108.00 special offer now that a good price

It depends on your budget.

As above goodyear eagle f1 assys were superb all year round and probably last me about 8k on the front, I had those on standard 17's though.

I've gone for 452s this time on the new 18's and they seem pretty good but they've only seen about 40 miles so far.

Camskill FTW

452's all day long had them on since november and they still going strong done roughly 7k on them now

Ye been qouted £108 each for the 452s from camskills

better double check that just looked 5 mins ago they £75 each at the mo as they on special offer
or they £82 at black circles

I got 20k from my Eagle F1 asym's, Im now trying the mk2 F1 asym which have even better reviews.

Iv got khumo ecsta II's on my 17's they are v good for the money really grippy and look nice with the engraving in the tread. Running ****ty sunny's atm as they come on the 18's but they need to go before I stack the ****** thing. How they can sell these death traps it's beond me.

Yeah my 225/40/18 Falken 452's were roughly £75 a piece from camskill last week.

Cheers guys I'll give them a ring tomoz most people are on these so I'll give them ago I'm running two different types now and there's only 2.5 mm left on them

Iv got khumo ecsta II's on my 17's they are v good for the money really grippy and look nice with the engraving in the tread. Running ****ty sunny's atm as they come on the 18's but they need to go before I stack the ****** thing. How they can sell these death traps it's beond me.

Defo agree about the Sunnys, I had them on my old S3 they were great in the dry, but a tiny bit of rain and all hell to pay it was like driving on ice, anything over 20 on an ring road the front and rear slip scariest tyres iv ever bought.

I had Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3s previously, they were brilliant apart from the noise that they made, however I think i may have had ones from a batch that were renown for a droning noise like your bearings had gone.

I have got rid of them now and have the Bridgestone Potenza RE050s on and they are really good wet or dry, I am on the Standard 17s and well impressed with them, they are quite soft and im not expecting to get that many miles out of them, but all the same, very good set of tyres.

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2's here, cant fault them, best tyre i've used.

Much better than the old GSD3 and most other V-Tread tyres in water, also they've much improved the rolling resistance over the previous Asymm so should be better on fuel too!

Aragon what about the F1 tire wear? How much did you get out of it and can it match Michellin compound hardness

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2's here, cant fault them, best tyre i've used.

Much better than the old GSD3 and most other V-Tread tyres in water, also they've much improved the rolling resistance over the previous Asymm so should be better on fuel too!

Not sure on the wear, but i'll try to remember to measure them tonight and see what they've worn down to and how long they've been on the car.

The GSD3's i had lasted over 15k though, and i'd expect a bit more from these as the gsd3's were wrecked by the suspension geometry.