Lenso Wheels on an 8P

poli84

Reaction score
Before you give me **** about running non OEM wheels, these are for the track only.
Just a cheap set that I have picked up off a mate to run some Toyo R888s.

Has anyone run Lenso wheels on their A3/S3?

I'm guessing I will need conical bolts and hub centric rings?

Mate its your car - run what wheels you like.

I have BBS Rims on mine and have centre spigot rings and conical bolts for these. All depends on the wheel specs really on what you will require.

As I said, I am not running these on the road, just for track days.
Did a trial fit last night and they do fit quite well, clear the S3 brakes nicely.

They have been collecting dirt for the last 12 months so need to give them a good cleaning and a polish then fit my semi's.
Think they will look great for on the track.

Crappy iPhone pic of the trial.
5932337504_e0a949862b_z.jpg

sorry poli really not a fan, the colour doesnt help.. As Nath said for track all about the TD 1.2's or Speedline Turinis

If you are running wheels for track, you want TD 1.2s not Lensos, oh god :ninja:

sorry poli really not a fan, the colour doesnt help.. As Nath said for track all about the TD 1.2's or Speedline Turinis

Why ? - If your all about full on performance and unsprung weight and gaining every ounce of performance from the car then fair enough.

But as his car appears to be standard - it would appear as though his aim is purely not to shag his road tyres and run some track type tyres, with rims that he has either picked up cheaply or had lying around.

Lenso's or even steel rims would accomplish this "it makes no never mind" ;)

Personally I couldnt care less what they looked like, if all I was doing was wanting to get some track day enjoyment out of the car and not wanting to wreck my road tyres.

I'd even run purple rims for a track day :whistle2::moa:

Why ? - If your all about full on performance and unsprung weight and gaining every ounce of performance from the car then fair enough.

But as his car appears to be standard - it would appear as though his aim is purely not to shag his road tyres and run some track type tyres, with rims that he has either picked up cheaply or had lying around.

Lenso's or even steel rims would accomplish this "it makes no never mind" ;)

Personally I couldnt care less what they looked like, if all I was doing was wanting to get some track day enjoyment out of the car and not wanting to wreck my road tyres.

I'd even run purple rims for a track day :whistle2::moa:

definitely, i was talking from a looks perspective which as you've pointed out isn't what the OP was getting at.

Ignore the tools on this thread!!
Just for running your car around a track for some fun then they're gonna be more than up to scratch
and with the correct rubber you'll shave seconds off your lap times.

Run what you like, your car isn't it!!

Thanks for the comments guys.
Some light weight dedicated track wheels would be fantastic but for the 4 or so track days I do a year, I'm not going to blow that kind of money.
Eventually, when I change my wheels, i will look at a nice light weight wheel.
Until then, I picked these up dirt cheap off a mate and matched with some decent track tyres, they will improve my grip on the track.

As others have said, it's all about not ruining my road tyres.
Conti CS3s are about $450 a tyre here so would prefer not to be changing them every 6 months.

I couldn't give a **** what they look. They will be fitted to the car for a total of about 30 hours per year.
That's not what this thread was about. Just seeing if they would fit before I handed over the cash.

if they are just for track use then i dont think it matters what they look like does it as they will be going round so fast you wont be able to see the design of them anyway lol , but $450 per tyre ouchy that a tad expensive isnt it mate rather you than me lol