Problem With Average Mpg/Mph reset

riceyS3

Reaction score
Hi
i just bought my 1999 audi s3 from a mate at work its done just over 80k and has been well looked after!

along with the common window plastic clip falure problem i have noticed that the reset button on the stalk isnt working. After speaking to my mate he says he has tried replacing the stalk wth no change.

The running (constant) Mpg works aswell as the amount of miles left in the tank. The averages dont reset and are stuck on 26.5mpg and 31mph!

any ideas what it could be? would taking the battery off for a few hours to let the modules reset, work?

Any help would be much appriciated!
cheers
tom
(riceyS3)

thanks alot

Its gotta be worth trying to reset the DIS by taking the battery off IMO, costs nothing and takes just a few minutes of your time.

Are you sure that your keeping the 'reset' button pressed for a second or two when attempting a reset? (I don't mean to be funny, it's just that my car takes a few seconds to reset and yet other cars will reset with just a quick tap).

lol nah thats fine mate i held it for a while but still nothing i will try the battery reset tomoz and will post how it goes
thanks

lol nah thats fine mate i held it for a while but still nothing i will try the battery reset tomoz and will post how it goes
thanks

If you do disconnect the battery then make sure you have the code for your stereo ;)

Still not working lads it reset the figures but still not working on the re-set button!
any one got any more ideas!
cheers

does the button work at all?

it's a dual function button, a single short press will turn the display on and off, then a long press will reset it.

does the short press function work to turn the screen off? That could at least point towards either a stalk fault or an electrical issue

Are you sure your not trying to reset the instantaneous mpg ?

thanks for the help

the reset button dosnt work whatsoever neither the short function of the press and hold for re-set

The rest of the stalk buttons work

No im not looking at the instantaneos mpg! lol
its the average Mpg the Average Mph and the Driving time that wont reset, only after taking the baterry off does it reset!

cheers

Last edited: