Hot Wax fell on Carpet

Gavin G

Reaction score
My girlfriend is a beautician and iv'e warned her not to carry her hot wax pot in the car many times :rulez:. Well the inivitable happened she ignored me :banghead: and the pot tipped over and the wax poured out over an area approx 6" by 3" on the carpet behind the drivers seat. :puke:

I have removed most of it but you really can't miss whats left. Does anyone have any ideas how i can remove the remaining wax or will i have to get the carpet replaced? If the carpet has to be replace can i just do that section or will the whole inside have to be redone? Also anyone got any ideas how much this may cost? :sadlike:

Get some brown parcel paper (from the post office) and place over area then use a normal iron on the lowest heat setting and iron the brown paper. The wax will be lifted onto the brown paper, repeat until it's soaked up all of it. The carpets are manmade fibre so too much heat will melt them, so go easy!
This works like a dream for candle wax, unsure if it will be the same for body wax (or whatever the technical term is )

I'll give it a go thanks for your help :icon_thumright:

Lol I reckon thats the best solution, I once spilled liquid latex on my sixth form suit and Literally spent 4 hours ironing the things through newspaper, got there in the end though. Good luck!

A level art, spray paint and latex.... Rock and Roll.

A friend was making sheets of latex to use as a sort of semi transluscent skin for a model he made

For some one else, I was the model.... :cool:

Get some car tar / chew gumer remover and spary it on there and soak up with cloth or wet vac. Hope this helps.

Lol, spray on latex putting bad thoughts in my head :superman: Hard to get hold off? lol

Thanks for the help guys

quick tip mate, armpit punches! nice and hidden :yes: thats exactly what my mrs would be getting if she did this to my car!! lol

Reactions: Gavin G and Inertiauk