Engine ECU Question

asasprey

Reaction score
Guys as you may or may not know i have had no end of Can bus related problems.

I tested the can-bus wires today and interestingly i found 66 ohms between the 2, there should be 120 ohms.

I am thinking ECU is in fault, so my question is, could my ecu be giving the low can resistance and can i replace the ecu with a slightly different part number ( mine is 03G 906 016 BA). So could i replace it with 016 FT for example.

I have bitten the bullet and given it too the highly recommender VW Rescue in wombourne to ask their opinion.

If it is the ecu then i dont fancy paying 545 + vat , + new keys etc, so if anybody has an ecu please let me know!

No you cant, you can clone an ecu with only the same part numbers. Something to do with different software versions used different checksums

sorry to join the party late but what are these CAN bus related issues? have you approached anyone with a CAN viewer to see if you have the correct messages present? I have worked a lot with CAN bus recently so like to think I might be able to help!

sorry to join the party late but what are these CAN bus related issues? have you approached anyone with a CAN viewer to see if you have the correct messages present? I have worked a lot with CAN bus recently so like to think I might be able to help!

Not late at all matey, basically since i jet washed my engine bay, a week later my dashboard lit up all of the warning lights and fluctuated with engine revs. I dont have vcds as yet, but i have given it to vw rescue to plug it in today. The high and low can resistance was 66 ohms which i think is wrong. My socio scanner and actia scanner come up with databus control errors (x8).

And guess what, my ecu is one of very few that supposedly cant be tested! If you have any ideas mate, they would be greatly appreciated as i am forced to drive a Normie car (corsa) until its fixed XD