Rear springs 1.8 SE vs 1.8T Sport parts

MingeBlue

Reaction score
i had to get my rear springs replaced to get through MOT had them don by local mot garage, on picking up the car I notied the rear ride hight was alot higher than before, big gap between top of tyre and whel arch.

The car is a 1.8T Sport I assumed they had lower suspension springs vs a standard 1.8 A3 is that correct ? I checkedout Eurocar parts and searched by my reg and by the reg of a standard 1.8 non sport and the rear springs are the same part number !

It looks to me like Ive had standard springs fitted not the sport ones explaining the increase in rear ride height. Garage is saying they supplied the ones the part company provded for my reg but I think may be the part company is wrong ?

Last edited:
New springs take a while to settle in mate, give it a week or so and it should look better

Can you see any coloured dots on them mate?. I've got my set of 1.8T standard springs in my garage so can compare if you want?.

As said above... give it a few miles to settle down a bit.

I think you're right in what you're saying about the 1.8T being lower than the SE though.

No dots on them, I left it a week before I went back to see if it settled before I went back and no improvement, I think ive got standard springs on rear now with sport on front, I used to driver with the sit height too pulls up now even on lowest setting it feels to high. Anyone know of parts websites I can only sem to find ecp and breakers I want to see if other places list the same part number for a sport vs non sport ?

Last edited:
sport is 10mm lower iirc.

should settle 10-15mm or so.