2.0 TDI BKD tuning suggestions - PD170 Turbo retrofit?

VAG_BADGER

Ricers in the rear view!
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm thinking of performing some performance modifications to my 2.0 TDI sportback DSG MY2005. Obvious things stand out such as induction, decat with larger down-pipe and remap but I was wondering if the PD170 Turbo will fit without much trouble? I'm sure it must have been done so was wondering if someone could enlighten me to potential problems. Any other modification suggestions will be appreciated, i'm thinking of selling my 2008 S3 and keeping the oil burner but would like more power.

Thanks in advance.

why dont you get a hybrid turbo which is even better?

170 turbo is different to a bkd 140 mate, get a hybrid turbo, dont **** with a 170 as wouldnt be bolt on afaik, whereas hybrid would be as its same turbo but modified for more boost, PM me as I can get this arranged for you.

The PD170 turbo is electronically regulated rather than a full vacuum system on the PD140 turbo so that would have to be converted

The PD170 turbo is mounted above the manifold not below it like the PD140, thus also a different downpipe/CAT etc

The intake pipework is different on the PD170 turbo to the PD140 one

Could in theory be done, would cost a fair whack though and both turbos use the same size wheels very little bhp would be gained.

& there you have it lol, nice to see you still about Mike

Thanks. Don`t post often but still keeping an eye on you lot. As you stated get a hybrid PD140 turbo which will be bolt on and easy to map is the cheapest way by far for extra big power after a basic remap.

ive sin hybrid turbos for 800 900 is it cheaper if you send yours in?

If you put a hybrid turbo on you will need to have a rolling road re map I put a hybrid turbo on my car with a 170bhp re map and it was crap felt like a standard car but then I had a rolling road remap and it takes it to 210 bhp and pulls like a train

lots of other mods needed to gain power and be able to stop after . clutch brakes etc