Window Tinting

Gregzy88

A3 Newbie
Reaction score
So, I have found a guy to do my back 3 windows for £80 (not too bad i think) and wanted to know how dark everyone thinks i should go. Fire away!!

thats a good price i payed £60 but thats trade price as i know the guy , i had mine done in medium smoke i can post a pic if you require mate

Good price! Go medium if your cars a dark colour or dark if its a lighter colour

thats a good price i payed £60 but thats trade price as i know the guy , i had mine done in medium smoke i can post a pic if you require mate

Yeh please mate that would help alot. Ok so looks like i wont be going limo black then lol.

isn't it illegal in the uk to tint windows ?Here in malta its illegal even to tint the rear windows.I was thinking to tint mine in light black(car is black)so if anyone have done it before and could post a pic .. loll this should be a sticky :p

no probs dude medium smoke they look alot lighter in the flesh
12122010051.jpg

isn't it illegal in the uk to tint windows ?Here in malta its illegal even to tint the rear windows.I was thinking to tint mine in light black(car is black)so if anyone have done it before and could post a pic .. loll this should be a sticky :p
no only the front windows they have to let a set amount of light through

Thats look nice fnmrst.

Here we have vrt instead of mot and from this year the testers have to take pics of the car thy're testing,my mate have medium tints in his 320 all around and had to take it off to get it passed,even the rear glass !

They say its because of saftey,but they dont think the sh.tty roads we have ara dangerous !!

mine are oem tinted. have a look at a oem tinted car, they're very dark and look spot on!

Thats look nice fnmrst.

Here we have vrt instead of mot and from this year the testers have to take pics of the car thy're testing,my mate have medium tints in his 320 all around and had to take it off to get it passed,even the rear glass !

They say its because of saftey,but they dont think the sh.tty roads we have ara dangerous !!
cheers matey , thats really sad mate your not aloud to do things to your car thats a real shame on certain cars window tints look awesome , what about factory tints tho ??whats the legality with them

Looks nice mate. Maybe fancy going a bit darker though not 100% but need to decide before friday. Anyone who has pics of a black A3 please post here. thanks.

~

cheers matey , thats really sad mate your not aloud to do things to your car thats a real shame on certain cars window tints look awesome , what about factory tints tho ??whats the legality with them

Believe it or not another friend of mine have the rear window with factory tinted and they told him he must change it !!

Another friend with an audi tt (latest shape) was stopped by the police for having the daylight lights on !!!And he got a fine cause he said they are illegal !! What a waste of time and money cause he had to take a day off to go and complain about it

Looks nice mate. Maybe fancy going a bit darker though not 100% but need to decide before friday. Anyone who has pics of a black A3 please post here. thanks.

~

dont go too dark else it will look like a van!

Believe it or not another friend of mine have the rear window with factory tinted and they told him he must change it !!

Another friend with an audi tt (latest shape) was stopped by the police for having the daylight lights on !!!And he got a fine cause he said they are illegal !! What a waste of time and money cause he had to take a day off to go and complain about it
oh dear sounds like the police over in malta need a swift kick up the backside lol

not all of them but some yes they need it lol

That sounds rediculous. Isn't it a law that any car made after feb 2011 must have DRL's? I got an e-mail about this the other day.

Mine rears are tinted from the factory, but im thinking of a light smoke on the front to comply with the law. Has anyone done this and any pics ?

Mine rears are tinted from the factory, but im thinking of a light smoke on the front to comply with the law. Has anyone done this and any pics ?

you cant touch the front mate, the glass is already pre-tinted to the max the law allows