Fitted my B5 Bad Boy Today!!!!!!

cecilthesausage

...It's Never Finished...
Reaction score
Fitted my B5 today took me most of the f@@kin day.... But heh im not the best at tinkering under the bonnet only started doin it since I joined here.... Had a few little issues along the way but nothing major. Old tip off
35b2c98a.jpg
Turbo still lookin spick and span
f0341c7f.jpg
8ab6f38a.jpg
f1c2a458.jpg
Got all the bottom bit in then just had to jiggle the ali bit about a bit for best fitment but more or less governed by the 007 position
025ae3ee.jpg
Had to get a 90 degree bend to make the oil breather fit. I got it off my mate he uses it as part of his irrigation system to water his hanging baskets in his garden can change later but its done the trick
14ffc91f.jpg
0c3eee20.jpg
What do I do with this pipe of the side of the airbox ?
c6e6ffa7.jpg
Had to cut this pipe at the back and refit the little spinnin top thing back on dont know what the f@@k its called
0d6a84c7.jpg
Have only trimmed about 1 inch of top pipe just so the bonnet wouldnt close on it but I have a stainless steel heat shield getting made so final positioning isnt complete
e856a094.jpg
Tightened the last jubilee clip up put bonnet down getting excited to go out and test it and it started f@@kin pissin down... typical I will get it back on the rollers at the weekend it will have to be the happy ones though after the carry on I had last weekend also have decat pipe to go on this week so should see some good gains.... I can definately feel it back wheels spinnin more than usual in the wet :yes: All in all another quality installation....:rock:

Nice work bud. How did you find doing up the grub screws?
not to bad I tightened the small one on the top and then turned the flange to the side if you know what I mean... What do I do with that pipe of the side of the airbox mate ?

Just put a filter on it cecil, its for the SAI, or you could just bodge it, get a pair of the misses tights and just cut a small piece to cover it till you find one.
You will need a 19mm neck filter that or remove the SAI pump.

Good for you mate giving it a go!

Looks good, have you got the results from your rolling road at PDtuning to compare?

I had a nightmare at PD asked him to do it 2WD said it's ok I can put a dogbone clutch on the computer to sort it out he done it startin the session he wasn't happy. He said I will do it in 2WD went to pull fuse 31 there wasn't one so he got under the car disconnected the Haldex, car is running in 2WD now jumps back in starts again still not happy says he can't do it and all this time he is phoning a friend. Starts f@@kin about with the rollers trying to adjust them still not happy. Told me I should go to Veedubs and get a second hand Haldex because mine has an intermittent fault even though it wasn't even f@@kin connected when I got home went to see my mate and he said he should have pulled the AWD fuse as well. I rang him and told him and he said he had tried it..... Ye course ya did mate!!!!! So it'd back to the happy rollers at Northallerton I think I got 273bhp last time so will still be able to gauge any gains

my my,

i actually mentioned your trip to a pal and he told me a story which didnt make pd tuning sound too good. Shame you didnt even at least get some figures. Did he try to read the codes to see what was showing up from your haldex?

I wouldnt want to have to pay for a haldex from veedubs.

I wouldn't neither there is f@@k all with the one I have it works when I'm driving. It seems to click a lot my mate says it has something to do with canbus that's why it clicks because of intermittent fault when Vagcommed. I will just go back to Motoscope.... The lad didn't have a clue the f@@kin saucebottle :think:

Get my heat shield today so should be able to get that on a bit later. I've had it made out Stainless steel to Piesters design

You lazy git, you should have had a go yourself :) lol.

Hey I can get it made for nothing at my work by a proper sheetmetal worker.... Leave it to the pro,s:yes: I will post pics when I get it back

Here's some pics of the heat shield made to Piesters design in Stainless Steel, but I have decided not to put it on. It just doesn't sit right as to were my tip sits.:no:
64a4e6f0.jpg
9229aa6b.jpg

it wont fit without a bit of jigging around.
i made one based on the same design and at first it looked miles off. just takes a bit of patience to get it to fit.