S Line/S3 etc Badge Question

Gavin G

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but since im new to the Audi scene i hope you will forgive me. The S Line/S3 etc badges etc; what is the difference in them and what do they stand for? Are they only for the quattro or can other fwd cars have them? Mine for example is a 2002 1.8T Sport and it has a small S line badge under the A3 badge at the rear i didn't put it there it was there when i bought the car. I was under the impression it was because of the spec of the car ie full leather etc am i wrong? Should i take it off? :blink:

Yep, Sport shouldn't have S or S-Line badges.

Sport models generally have some improved equipment (seats, steering wheel...) and firmer suspension. S-Line replaced Sport for the next generation of Audis but is the same thing basically.

S-Line was introduced on the 8P range, the only S you are going to get on an 8L, is an S3.

The sport was available in the 8L range, but there wasnt a badge for it AFAIK, they were just badged up as a 1.8T or a 1.6, they did have a quattro badge if they were that variant though.

Hope that helps.

You can still get sport models in the current range, it's basically just another trim level. I think it goes S, SE, Sport and S-Line now with various special editions thrown in as well.

Yours shouldn't have s-line badges though, my S3 had them on the bump strips when I bought it, god knows why.

my old SE had the s-line badges on it when i got it. good old ebay!

lol ok thanks folks good to know, it shall be removed :)