Strange Boost problem :(

IOM-S3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Weird one and wondering if anyone else has had it, sometimes my car will lose all boost what so ever, basically started it last night and drove about 4-5 miles, i never come into boost when its cold and always make sure its warm.

further on my journey it would not come into boost at all? really flat. (It has been mapped)

So pulled over, turned it off, turne it back on , and low and behold we have boost again?

Any ideas?

Lee

Thats what i originally thought mate, but thought that only happened if boost was running too high?

Thats what i originally thought mate, but thought that only happened if boost was running too high?

There could be a number of reasons why limp mode would occur, it's a safety feature to protect the engine. I bet if you get someone to scan your car there will be a nice fault code telling you exactly what's wrong.

As S3baby said above it could be a faulty N75 thats causing boost to spike and initiating limp mode.

thanks guys for the help, have a friend who has a vag com so will have a look and see what it shows. N75 does look like the original one since the car was built to be honest lol