AMD bound tomorrow!!

Welch

Reaction score
well the day is nearly upon me guys and off to Bicester tomorrow to make the most of the winter sale at AMD!!

any thoughts on this? I have no doubts they are very reputable and it will be logged well and checked over so looking forward to the results

Car is under warranty for another year but I hear that the codes and chip cannot be detected by audi just in case I have any probs with the warranty etc.

Will update you more tomorrow.

NLW

[ QUOTE ]
NLW said:

Car is under warranty for another year but I hear that the codes and chip cannot be detected by audi just in case I have any probs with the warranty etc.

NLW

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost certain Audi can detect if the car has been chipped or not, which is why i'm slightly wary of getting it done with a years warranty remaining on mine. I assume you're not getting the One Click.

S3 225
I just spoke to AMD and the chip is undetectable.

they do warranty parts and bits anyway for 3 months I hear.

It will transform the car.

Let us know how it goes and take it easy on the way home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

you WILL be happy, prepare yourself for what is essentially a new car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lmao @ 'not being detectable', all they have to do is drive it - it would be quite obvious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My 1.8 QT is booked in at Bicester next week for Stage 1 and I can't wait!! I have two years warranty left on the car and AMD said - "we modify on average 15 cars per week for VAG main dealers. Lister group are our biggest customer to date, modifying the whole car is not so uncommon. We cover the Milltek exhaust for it life time warranty and our tuning work for life as well. The dealer can not by law invalidate the rest of the car warranty, just because you have made changes does not justify this. The reality is because we do work for so many main dealers we can get by any situation. The other advantage we have is we reprogram the original Audi ECU chip, this ensures all of the Audi placed features such as emissions are not interfered with". Good enough for me.

am booked in for next friday

counting down the days..

NLW please do give us your detailed first impressions

You won't regret the remap peeps, forget the figures, how mush it was producing before and after, and the increase in torque etc, they are just figures... It's when you prod the throttle for the first time after a remap, and thoughts goes through your mind - why didn't they make it like this in the first place? - and the grin factor you get for the rest of the journey home. Enjoy it!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You'll love it i had the biggest grin on my face when i took mine out to test it and i was laughing with joy before i even got off the industrail estate did give it some beens on that bypass and back to amd loved it before now love it even more.

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
You won't regret the remap peeps, forget the figures, how mush it was producing before and after, and the increase in torque etc, they are just figures... It's when you prod the throttle for the first time after a remap, and thoughts goes through your mind - why didn't they make it like this in the first place? - and the grin factor you get for the rest of the journey home. Enjoy it!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said, with bells on.

Kev

As said by all, you'l love it!

Completely transforms the car!

Anyone with a Turbo should get this done! Its how the car should be from factory IMO!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich.

gutted
me boiler went pop at the weekend so there goes me AMD money!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
and I don't mean me missus either!
got to have winter warmth and hot water!!

oh well I will keep it std I think for the year as it has a warranty on it and knowing my luck it will go pop!!

happy motoring chaps and I will have me pants down for sure on this boiler!!

Sorry to hear that mate.

But its not a bad car in standard form. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

too right ian!!
am just getting to know her really.

soemtimes these things are fate really!!