coilover owners help

Glad you mentioned them (not) The Flicking C**t, mOFO has not even started on them yet, man i nearly busted his Pointy flipping Nose in, but i was so chuffed that my rear coilover's were on and there was no funky noises coming from them, I just bent his ear and said get them done because my mate QJames want's to see them on my car, and so do i...

No matter how good your day is there's always some b*stard ready to ruin it :(

I can wait as i feel they will be worth it.. James have you any plans to lower your car this year (keeping on Topic).

hm, mine were turning freely just needing something to hold that thread..

was it difficult dropping the subfram bolts bud? id be working off a trolley jack a side at a time..

I did mine on a 2 post ramp. I wouldn't jack one side and undo the subframe because of any twist in the body shell.

Your best to put an axle stand under each rear jacking point and have to car on level ground to minimise any movement. Wheels off.

Then have the jack just touching the subframe as you undo the bolts (may need a block of wood on the jack saddle). That way you can carefully lower the jack and subframe rather than the bolt threads taking the full weight of the full rear axle! Jack it back up when done and do the bolts up, again keeping the weight off the (loose) bolt threads. All good fun :unsure:

HTH :icon_thumright:

So today I got hold of a 10mm allen key, it was indeed as you stated Coll the correct size, however there was NO moving the adjuster and I mean I gave it some serious man power.

Looks like im booking into a garage to have the subframe lowered and everything sorted while its loose.

I HATE COILOVERS. WITH A PASSION.

if only I could have afforded air ride.

I said late last year that coilovers are a big pain as i was going out of my mind trying to set mine up and trying to find out what was making the noises. But saying that now i have them again (rear's only) so only half the adjustment issues.. I hope i don't end hating mine again.

Last edited: