bumper help urgent

bellamy2010

Reaction score
Evening,

I currently have a 2005 A3 1.6 fsi sport with the 1 piece grille. Fortunately a friend has given me a s-Line bumper and im having a problem taking the grille out to get it painted black. I have taken some photos and hope someone can assist me with removing the grille...

Thanks in advance.

Ashley

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

thats an sport bumper the s-line hasnt got the rub strips on the edges of the bumpers , the grill should just pop out as far as im aware mate

Once you've removed the screws holding the outer grille release the tabs behind where the number plate fits to the outside, they do take a bit of persuasion but nothing to serious, there's also a couple of smaller clips at the top of the grille next to where te bumper aligns with the bonnet, these again should come apart with a little force !!

thank you for the replies. What bumper is this then as i have a sport and mine doesnt have the slots at the bottom?

I am going for the black optics grille so will attempt to remove the grille this evening.

is it any easy job to remove the grill and spray it black leaving the chrome edge untouched? or is it easier to just buy a black grill with chrome around the edge?

best buying a replacement grille. The paint will chip at the first sight of a stone if you spray it. You should be able to get a black grill on ebay easy enough

yea that will fit. sport and s-line have the same grill. S3 has a smaller grill