Picked my latest project

beachbuggy

Reaction score
Saw the car advertised on Ebay last night £2950 for a 2001 facelift AMK Black S3 with Genuine 18" rs4 wheel, black leather seats, arm rest and sunroof. Trader said it needed some work and had no service history, but thought at that money it was a bargin and definately worth a look. So went and test drove the car and handed over my money straight over!

Apparently the car was going cheap as the suspension was shot, the windows wouldn't work, the body was tatty, a wing mirror was broken, a rear light cluster cracked and there was no service history ( which was the main reason it was cheap ) but quite a few receipts for work recently done.

Well after spending 3 hours on the car this afternoon, the suspension is fixed, it was just worn bushes. The window clips replaced. The wing mirror bolt nut replaced, I had a spare rear light. It had awful window tinting which I removed from the front window , blow off that went straight in the bin... And the car is definately remapped.

And the best result... While cleaning the interior I found the service history booklet under the seat!! All stamped bar one, I even phoned Audi to check it wasn't a fake and they confirmed all the stamps and work..

Admittedly, the body work is going to cost me £450 and it needs a cambelt, waterpump etc.

Even so I reckon it's not bad and a few £ to be made if I sell it on.

****** hell nice one mate quality find with the service history also!

And the best result... While cleaning the interior I found the service history booklet under the seat!! All stamped bar one, I even phoned Audi to check it wasn't a fake and they confirmed all the stamps and work..

This is always good, it reminds me of a mate who got himself a Mk2 Golf GTI sold with no service history, only for him to find the service booklet under the steering column where it's suppose to be, fully stamped up with FVWSH! - WIN!

Nice one, early Xmas pressie :)

And a good one at that too!!!

Get some pics up, will be good to see.

Know that sounds like a bargin! wish id had that luck when looking for mine. Get some photos up