Clutch S3 dxd with flywheel stage 3 apr

shamrock

Reaction score
I have noticed that when engaging my clutch in first gear (dxd stage 3 with flywheel) it takes more pressing of the gas pedal for it to start rolling without a judder. I have 1500 km after installing the clutch and stage 3 apr. It may have been this way from the after the installation and I only noticed it now. Is all good?

Not heard of that clutch but pretty clear its an uprated item possibly with an SMF?

With any performance clutch your going to get judder esp during the running in period, they dont slip very well because of the higher friction from the the drive plate. Usually it reduces once their run in but with a more aggressive item like yours it may never stop juddering.

Normal if your running a really light flywheel. Did you go with the aluminum or Steel and is it a TZ, OFE or FE stage 3 that your running?

BTW you are runining a South Bend clutch kit not an APR kit, the DXD brand name is owned by South Bend.

Last edited:
If you bought it with the clutch you most likely have the SB clutch/flywheel package for the S3. They offer one for the FSI and TSI. Part numbers for those kits are KFSIF and KTSIF and both look to only come in a steel flywheel based on my South Bend DXD EURO dealer catalog. The South Bend Steel flywheel included in both those kits are the same, part number SBCF-FSI but they dont list a weight for it.

Stage 3 is also sold as a SS-0(daily) which is an organic disk and a SS-DXD-B which is a 6 puck and listed as Drag. The TZ and OFE are listed as Endurance.