Heating problem, really need ur help???

DJM1982

Reaction score
Had a problem with the heating in my a4, has been in the garage for days. He has checked for any air locks, changed the thermostat, changed the waterpump(after speaking to the Audi techs). But still has not solved the problem.
Only one of the two pipes going into the heater matrix/rad is not getting hot. Any idea what can cause this?? As my mechanic says they should both be hot, he spoke to the Audi techs again and they had no ideas.
He's nxt suggestion is to change the radiator???

Blocked matrix? have you tried removing the pipes to matrix and run water through it each way to check for blockages?

He has removed the pipes from inside the engine bay and checked those for blockages and he said they seem fine. And I don't think he is ripping me off cause he has only charged me for the water pump and no labour as he couldn't fix the problem.
But he didn't go as far as checking the actual matrix or rad past the bulk head.

Let me get this right...is it the engine radiator or the heater matrix at fault? are you suffering any faults?

He has removed the pipes from inside the engine bay and checked those for blockages and he said they seem fine. And I don't think he is ripping me off cause he has only charged me for the water pump and no labour as he couldn't fix the problem.
But he didn't go as far as checking the actual matrix or rad past the bulk head.

All i can say mate is that your avatar is distracting me!