sport/s-line

You didn't officially get an s-line until the b7, only a sport fitted with a gmbh factory exterior kit. Seats were either sport cloth or leather

You didn't officially get an s-line until the b7, only a sport fitted with a gmbh factory exterior kit. Seats were either sport cloth or leather
Very interesting, didnt realise that, so does that mean that with a B6 the log book would never show it as a s line? Also, did they do a black roof liner on the B6 sport line or was that B7 sportline or was that just an option?

Not strictly true. The run out B6's fitted with the 190 1.8T were badged as S-Line. Interior differences off the top of my head are S-Line badged perforated leather steering wheel and gear stick gaitor, S-Line branded aluminium door shut trims, and possible different interior trims, but I'm not too sure on that or seat material.

And possibly the black head lining too.

im not 100% sure on this but my sports has nicer seats than the se they hug you more and youi have the part that pulls out under your leg
to exstend the lower part of it not sure why though as iv never used it ;-)

from the ones iv seen no but iv not seen them all lol

The S-Line will have Sport seats, you'd need to check with an S-Line owner as I've a feeling they might be half leather or something.

im not 100% sure on this but my sports has nicer seats than the se they hug you more and youi have the part that pulls out under your leg
to exstend the lower part of it not sure why though as iv never used it ;-)

Friend of mine had a B7 S-line TDI, i have a B6 Sport with full Quattro kit and Leather/Alcantara seat. My seats definately better, they are deeper and more sculpted. I did use the leg pull out when crawling on the M5 the other day, very comfortable, don't know why i never used it before.

im only 5ft 8 so dont think my legs are long enough ;-(

WRONG. The Birth of the S-Line was 2004 B6.

Mine certainly is branded an S-line 2004 and to be honest is a better spec than my friends 56 plate 2lt tdi s-line

fafd9f10.jpg

45109b45.jpg

I must get some better pics

Seats I believe are made by recaro and in mine are half silver leather (bitch to keep clean, note to self never buy car with light coloured seats again)

the seats above are the same as mine in my sports one i just dont have leather thank God in this cold weather ;-)

the seats above are the same as mine in my sports one i just dont have leather thank God in this cold weather ;-)

They are heated fronts on mine :)

Only trouble is when I drive after the wife as I don't notice till my balls are burning that she had the seat turned upto 6, why she has it so hot I'm not sure as setting 1 or 2 at a push are max for me.

same actual seats as mine in my quattro sport, mine only have electric bolster switch, the rest is manual

pretty sure they B6 S-Line (i.e. late 1.8T 190) and other B6 "Sport" models use the same suspension, seats, etc.... pretty much identical aside from a few silver and red badges: only exception would be the Aluminium embossed S-Line door sills - not sure if those were available on the B6 S-Lines - definitely NOT on the B6 Sports though... may have only come in for the B7.

There are some B7 S-Lines where some old grandad has specified the "less pokey" SE-spec seats, so check your mate hasn't got stitched up with one of those downgrades... or if somebody has moved the old interior over and dumped an SE interior in there?!?

I think the B6 S-Line's were ONLY available in half-leather (not full - I've heard a few rants about that not being an option).

I normally wear long trousers when it's cold, so the leather is not a problem in the cold at all (although it can be in the summer!) and since I tend to go for 2nd hand cars, I always go for leather so the previous owners' sweat and spillages haven't soaked into the upholstery (e.g. in this weather it means you don't have to worry about any rain or snow on jackets ending up soaking into the seats): massive fan of the leather - especially the black leather in the B6, which is incredibly hard-wearing.

The B6 S-line was the 1.8T 190 BHP quattro model, it came with 18" RS6 alloys, external s-line kit. Interior has 1/2 or full leather on standard sport seats, s-line alu door strips, perforated steeling wheel & gear knob, black headlining..

The B6 S-line was the 1.8T 190 BHP quattro model, it came with 18" RS6 alloys, external s-line kit. Interior has 1/2 or full leather on standard sport seats, s-line alu door strips, perforated steeling wheel & gear knob, black headlining..

So these door strips are from what? as they are not ali. ? Mine is a sport with few touches here and there, mainly from previous owner, including a 6 speed gear nob, for a 5 speed car !!!! odd one that but hey!
DSCF0268-2.jpg

All above is 99% Correct, they also come 1.8T 190 front wheel drive also.

So these door strips are from what? as they are not ali. ? Mine is a sport with few touches here and there, mainly from previous owner, including a 6 speed gear nob, for a 5 speed car !!!! odd one that but hey!
DSCF0268-2.jpg

They could be from a S-Line B6 or S-Line B7. I have them in mine front and rear's.

DSCF0268-2.jpg

What engine have you got to only have 5 speed box?

these sills dont look genuine to me, maybe somebody fitted them aftermarket?

Well when it comes to S line, there was one in B6 model starting from 2004. it included
3 different packages, you could have an interior, exterior or an overall s line

Interior included:
- matt silver trim
- black headliner
- 3 spoke (marked or not) steering wheel
- sport seats sides covered with black leather and the inside with 'speed' material
- electric lumbar support for front seats
- gear knob covered in perforated (spelling?) leather
- leather covered hand brake
- s line door sills
- full dis
- lightening package which included:
front/back ashtray, cup holder, business card holder, ambiente, footwells, red warning lights, white entry lights under the doors, glove box, handles illuminationcant think of any other ones.

The exterior s line package included:
different front bumper
different back bumper
s line door blades
boot spoiler
aluminium 9 spoke 18" alloys
s line suspension (1be) its -20mm comparing to stock and a bit stiffer

All the colours were available in S line and other than that, there was 2 extra ones which included: Missano Red and Avus silver.

18" rs6 were never stock in B6. It was the S line wheels (old rs4).
The 'rs6s' were introduced in b7 s line.

and....
there was tdi s lines as well, not only 1.8t

Hmmmm where did you get the bit about S-Line TDi's from?

S Line's also came with RS6 'style wheels too, unless you can convince me otherwise....

Last edited:
Also, how do S Line bumpers differ from late 2003 on Sport models?

Please don't confuse late 2003 MY on Sports with 2004 S Lines.

Those pics of TDi S Lines you've linked to are Sport models. The only true S Lines are 1.8T's I promise you.

car_id_82_1.jpg

Is this what you call a sport model bumper?

Yes, from late 2003 on Sport models were fitted with those front bumpers, as were the S Line models on their subsequent release. A bumper like that doesn't mean it's an S Line, and the car in that pic isn't.

man you have a good eye james ;-) all i can see is it dont have the door badges what other things would give it away mate

Simon, no grille badge and 17" Sport wheels are the giveaway in that pic mate.

For reference I'm talking about UK spec cars, I haver no idea about German spec ones and it's not really relevant to include them in this thread to be fair.

Do you know that there was a 'hidden' package or whatever it was called? That had no badges at all?

these sills dont look genuine to me, maybe somebody fitted them aftermarket?

Well when it comes to S line, there was one in B6 model starting from 2004. it included
3 different packages, you could have an interior, exterior or an overall s line

Interior included:
- matt silver trim
- black headliner
- 3 spoke (marked or not) steering wheel
- sport seats sides covered with black leather and the inside with 'speed' material
- electric lumbar support for front seats
- gear knob covered in perforated (spelling?) leather
- leather covered hand brake
- s line door sills
- full dis
- lightening package which included:
front/back ashtray, cup holder, business card holder, ambiente, footwells, red warning lights, white entry lights under the doors, glove box, handles illuminationcant think of any other ones.

The exterior s line package included:
different front bumper
different back bumper
s line door blades
boot spoiler
aluminium 9 spoke 18" alloys
s line suspension (1be) its -20mm comparing to stock and a bit stiffer

All the colours were available in S line and other than that, there was 2 extra ones which included: Missano Red and Avus silver.

18" rs6 were never stock in B6. It was the S line wheels (old rs4).
The 'rs6s' were introduced in b7 s line.

and....
there was tdi s lines as well, not only 1.8t

I would agree with most of that apart from the wheel's the s-line did come with 18x8 S-line / Rs6 wheel's. They never made a S-line TDI B6.

S-LINE SHOULD BE STATED ON THE LOG BOOK. This debate /argument has popped it's head up so many time's . S-line badges stuck on does not mean the car is a factory s-line ... AUDI stick a S-line badges on most of there range now day's . Check your log book's.

Thank you James. I wonder how many time's this topic has been covered this year alone.

I think there's potential for a sticky to explain "What makes a true S-Line" !