A4 2.0 fsi cambelt change

stevebuba

Reaction score
Has anyone changed a cambelt on an A4 2.0litre fsi, what was involved and is there a step by step guide anywhere

thanks

oh no a 2.0l fsi............. if its still running id sell it quick! before the cam chain in the back of the head snaps smashing the £300 casting its housed in and your inlet cam stops turning bending all the rockers and fooking your wallet up!

ive seen three so far all go in the same way.

oh no a 2.0l fsi............. if its still running id sell it quick! before the cam chain in the back of the head snaps smashing the £300 casting its housed in and your inlet cam stops turning bending all the rockers and fooking your wallet up!

ive seen three so far all go in the same way.

I've got a 2.0fsi and yes my cam-chain broke last month,,, didn't damage the head or the valves, the independant bmw/audi place I use were surprised there was no piston valve contact... saying that it broke on start-up !!!

It cost me £600 that inc; new cam chain+tensioner, head-gasket, new head-bolts, new timing-belt kit and a de-coke as the head was off,,, so mite be worth having this done depending on mileage, as the head on mine was quite coked-up ...

Thanks Digger

Daft question but is there a camchain and cambelt within the engine?

two of the three ive seen have broken on motorways. smashing a large chunk out of the housing on the back of the head. on one of them, an 03 plate avant, the broken chain was on the undertray!
theyve all been over 100k on them tho i think.

Last edited: