boot subwoofer

clough103

Reaction score
is it possible to somehow adjust the output volume of the subwoofer.

In my old a4 the sub seemed a lot more noticable. have even got the bass on +6 and . it is def working as i have had my head next to it but you can barely hear anything from it together with the other speakers

i find this too mate i can feel it some times but i dont think it has the punch a sub should have

Last edited:
im to old for all that stuff now ;-) it sounds good any way just feel its missing its punch but i think your right if you rally what it to sound like a reall sub should then rip it out put your own in

I may try just upgrading the sub on the shelf to see how the system copes before going the amp route, I still have my old Phinex Gold amps and I found a Kenwood 921 amp in the loft the other day from a install I had in my old old old car.

i did think about up rating my sub but cant be botherd right now lol

Do you mean the sub in the shelf? If so i had one in an old A4 which went silentish - it turned out to be a faulty amp (i think it was a nokia one?)

just put a sub in the boot! unless your too old for good music.. ;)

no there is an audi sub built into the side of the boot on the right, powered by a small amp i guess.

I sold a B6 2.5tdi and got a 1.9, same car, same stereo setup except the sub in this car isnt as loud as in my other B6, which is why i wondered if the output had been lowered somewhere.

Question asked as i guess i know that this exact sub can do better from my old car, i have no interest in upgrading to bigger ones.