Indentations on flat bottom steering wheel

bigcheese

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have previously hijacked someone elses thread with my question so thought I better start my own. Here's my dilemma,
I got a load of these funny indentations on my flat bottom steering wheel I'm sure it's the misses ring but she won't admit.
It is really bugging me now I wonna get a new one but pretty reluctant to pay £400, I have seen second hand ones on eBay for around £150-£200. Anyone now if there is some where I could get the steering wheel recoated or will I just be better off buying a second hand one??

any retrimmer will do it. MJ interiors who are one of the best trimmers in the country quoted me £150 for a steering wheel retrim.

check out N8s car if you wanna see their craftsmanship, and there's always feature cars in Performance VW that they've trimmed.

Thanks for that sub, I have sent them an email for a quote so I will post the cost up.
Was thinking last night if I should get it trimmed in Suede but not sure.

Just to clarify when you say you want to get a new one, you do mean the wheel and not the Mrs right...?

On a serious note though, very little point in getting it re-trimmed if your Mrs continues to drive it as it will just get ruined again and the money goes down the drain. I'd make sure she she takes her rings off before she drives it, or stop her driving it!

I had the same issue on one of my old cars, the car also had an alu gear nob which got scratched to buggery for the same reason. I stopped her driving my car there and then.

Last edited:
You can get all the flat bottom parts from the stealers for £60, just have to fit yourself but dont know how much effort that will be. Can even buy the leather to retrim lol.

I got to do something it bugs the hell out of me, the wheel not the mrs!!.
I think I got more chance in getting her to take the rings off rather then stoping her from driving it, she's addicted to the s3 more then me. I know what ur saying bout the gear nob mines got scratches on it too so will have to change that to at some point. Think I'll make her pay for it though ( yeah right!!! )

You can get all the flat bottom parts from the stealers for £60, just have to fit yourself but dont know how much effort that will be. Can even buy the leather to retrim lol.

fancy getting grandmas sewing kit out??

Thanks for that sub, I have sent them an email for a quote so I will post the cost up.
Was thinking last night if I should get it trimmed in Suede but not sure.

don't bother emailing them. they get a lot of timewasters. you'll have to call them for a quote.