Central locking

GavA3Quattro

Reaction score
Hi all.

I know this has been covered a few times but i cant find the answer im looking for in the other threads. I had a flat battery on my car and since then my central locking will not work. If i use the key it will only open the door or the boot and not the passenger door ( i havent got a lock on the passenger side). The petrol cap says locked to. The boot button on the key will how ever open the boot. Tried using the spare key and this is the same. Ive tried to disconnect the battery for 10mins but this didnt work. The manual says that the keys will automatically syncronise, not sure if they do though. The central locking pump makes a noise and the pipes are still connected to it. From what iv already read it seems as if the pump may be gone. If i disconnect it can i leave it out of the car untill i get a repair or new one or will the alarm keep going off. Ive checked all the fuses and they are ok. Windows, sunroof and everything else all work fine.

I havent got access to vag com and dont really want to take it to a dealers yet.

Its a 2001 a3 quattro

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks