HELP!!??

adzy

Reaction score
i have had my s3 for about a year now. i got it mapped about 6 months ago and put a pipercross cone induction kit on it. The map is a bit of a question mark as i dont know what the guy used (got it done cheap through a mate) all i know is its about 265 bhp and runs well. The only problem is that im only getting 24mpg EVEN if i drive it like a cabbie which completely defeats the object of having one of these cars.
Im actually getting to the point of selling the car as i cant afford to run it :sadlike:.....bad times.

Has anyone else had problems like this after your s3 was mapped? or can anyone maybe suggest a map where you get reasonable mpg but good power output?? Oh and im going to put a new air mass meter on it as a faulty one of those can cause low mpg.

my car has had AMD maps and custom code maps.
I find the custom code ones have given the better MPG both when heavy footing and cruising
My car is now phase 3 mapped with a fair few mods including a hybrid turbo and i get around 30 mpg , this includes some blasting around, sitting in traffic and some steady .
I would look at getting the car plugged into VAG COM or something like. to make sure all is well before considering another map or even selling up

I get about 24-25. I chill quite alot too and that's the best i can get really. I do alot of town stopping & starting driving.

Thanx 4 the info Paul,
When u say get it plugged into vag com does that mean any kind of garage with access to one of those hand held jobbies that they plug in the dashboard for fault finding? The other thing i wanted to ask, is custom code maps a company and if so where abouts are they mate?

Thanx 4 the info Paul,
When u say get it plugged into vag com does that mean any kind of garage with access to one of those hand held jobbies that they plug in the dashboard for fault finding? The other thing i wanted to ask, is custom code maps a company and if so where abouts are they mate?​

Custom code is a company.
Google them, they are based in chesterfield But have garages all over the place that can do it on their behalf.

VAG COM is abit more involved the the normal diagnostic set up most garages have. but if you have a problem it may have raised a fault code.

I would also speak to Bill on here ( Badger 5 ) as he will know more about what to expect MPG wise , he see's alot more remap'd 1.8 turbos than i ever will