Can anybody recode keys?

Reaction score
After losing my spare keys a few months ago, I eventually sucked it up and went and got a new spare key and got them both recoded...

Now I've found the previous spare key and now have 3 sets - it was right at the bottom of my detailing back - I think I threw everything in there when I was packing everything away in a rush... then went on hols a week later.

Now I'd like to get my keys recoded so that all three work. Not urgent at all, so I can wait until somebody is available and we can arrange a time to meet.

Preferably SE based (ideally Surrey/Sussex/Beds/Bucks/Herts), although anywhere in the SE is fine and I do head up to the Midlands / S / SW every few weeks.

Otherwise I'll see if Audi will throw it in as part of a big service (cambelt, etc) later in the year, but I think they'll get me for another £60 for that!

What's the issue with the original "spare" key now - has it been removed from the immobiliser "allowed keys" - i.e. will not start the car?

I know the remote part of the key has been removed from the list of allowed keys and I'm pretty sure that the key no longer starts the car either.

The remote part is easy to sort with VAG-COM/VCDS - it's the car starting that is more involved and requires proper VAG kit to sort.
Try your key and see if it starts - if yes PM me and we can sort out the remote part for entry/exit locks.